Whitefish River Forgive My Sins
703 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Therapist
Ambassador
Away
Private 

He had spent the last day traveling back to Kaistleoki from Sagtannet. Before leaving KO he had sent a message via Hiero to inform Ira of his absence. But the reasons why were vague. Simply converting urgency. Upon reentering KO he rubbed himself against the border. Making sure to pick up the pack scent he had lost and also to refresh it a bit. 

His first thought was to go and see Ira. Get informed on any information he had missed and also inform her of his situation. Others within the pack didn't know of his circumstance and he felt bad about that. But he had kept it secret until he knew for sure it would be a problem, and now it was. He made his way to Ira's den hoping she would be somewhere nearby.
Howl is always open to some interesting plots.
Just PM me and we and plot and thread!
lift me higher, let me look at the sun
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
Just as life had grown quiet, something had to come up. That's just how things were after all, but even with troubling news of the Saints, there was still time. They were still just far enough and just weak enough to be out of sight out of mind, but that would not last for long. Ira knew there would be trouble in due time. @Hieronymous had just switch out with her to give the Count the opportunity to move around for a bit, though before she could get far she was greeted by the recently absent Howl.

Ira had been aware of the male's departure, Hieronymous updated her after he was gone, but did not provide much of a reason. It was troubling, but there was a promise to return and just as he had said he did. A moment of surprise caught her by his presence, she had been so focused on everything else she had almost forgotten the Physician's absence. Howl— you have returned from your trip?
#DAA520 , pawprintIra's Playlist  3/20*, * = incomplete threads
703 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Therapist
Ambassador
Away
"Yes Ira I have. I'm sorry I wasn't able to inform you of my leave personally. How have you been?" he asked and waited for a response. He knew that she had recently given birth to a brood of her own. Despite attempting to care for two litters at once, he still acknowledged the effort of the mother who provided a great deal more for young puppies when they first entered the world.

He knew there were things he would need to catch up on and possible members to check-in with as the pack's mental physician, but he felt being civil was more important than cutting to the chase in this instance.
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
The raven man was quick to apologize, and while she wasn't exactly mad at his sudden absence, it was appreciated. It is fine. I can only assume something important came up for such a sudden departure? Perhaps he would not explain further, but at least this way she gave him the chance to explain himself. Howl seemed to be more interested in her though as he turned the conversation to herself. I have been alright. Some bumps in the road, but I suppose that's to be expected as a new mother. More than a few bumps, but she was surviving at the very least...even if her situation wasn't a normal one. No one had to know that though.
703 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Therapist
Ambassador
Away
He was happy to hear that Ira and the pack had gotten on well enough without him. She also made a remark about his trip being important before answering his question. She went on to describe that things had been alright on her end as a new mother "I'm glad to hear that," he remarked. and Howl realized that if he wanted that could be the end of their conversation. If no mention of his trip were made he could continue on as though it never happened. But these "trips" would be recurring and Howl didn't feel right about keeping secrets from his count and pack. "Ira there's something I need to tell you about my trip... you see I spent it within another pack southeast of here. Sagtannet. Have you heard of it before?" he asked her. Perhaps if she knew of them things would go more smoothly. Though he wasn't sure how that logic worked out.
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
The Count raised a brow as they shifted back to the man's trip. He said it...in a strange way, it made her curious as to what exactly he had been doing. She wouldn't have time to think on it though as in the same breath he explained how he had stayed amongst another pack. The name was still fairly unknown, but she now knew of them at least...that girl, Praimfaya. Only in passing...one of their members was here not that long ago. Injured by a troublesome group to the north. How interesting that a group she knew nothing about had become so present in mere days. What is in Sagtannet?
703 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Therapist
Ambassador
Away
The name was known but little of the pack itself. Perhaps the fact that a member had stayed here and left without harm was a good sign. "A female named Star. My mate in fact" he explained. He didn't know how to explain this, where to start. Did she even know anything about Moonshadow and the situation around that? She had to know something. Right? "I'm not sure how informed you are... but prior to Moonshadow's pregnancy and subsequent birth of our recent litter. She and I were together and mated. It was for a short time and ended following an affair between her and Conner... Conner claims to have been unaware of our relationship." he said. There may have been a ting of anger or hurt in his tone but he tried to present the situation as fairly as he could.

"In any case following that discovery, I spent some time away from the territory and came across my Star once again. We had met and spent time together prior to this but our encounter resulted in her pregnancy and subsequent birth of our children a few weeks back... Right before I left Kaistleoki" he had said a lot and felt as though the main points had been stated. He hoped that she might be able to connect some dots together but knew that she would have further questions.
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
The raven's news came as a surprise. A mate? Pups? Howl did not seem like the kind of man to leave such a family so far away, let alone hide them. Why hadn't they joined him here? Perhaps that answer was too clear. He absconded for the mountains to care for them. Maybe this was not a return, but a farewell.

The news of Moonshadow's pregnancy came as a surprise, not that she had kids but of who the fathers were. Ira had not pressed as it was none of her business just as she liked to keep things with her own children, but it seemed a love triangle had taken place within the river pack. Again...not what she would have expected from Howl. I...see. She had little else to say.

The roan woman made it a point to never mettle in others personal affairs and she wasn't about to start now. So...where does that leave you? Ira didn't want to make any assumptions, so she left it up to him as to what came next.
703 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Therapist
Ambassador
Away
Where doesn't that leave you? "Between a rock and a hard place," he said sarcastically hoping to lose the severity of the moment. "I'm not abandoning any of my children, but I can't be in two places at once," he said explaining the practicality of his situation. "Even when I was over at Sagtannet. I was only able to visit during the day under supervision... Which I guess if I'm being honest is more than I deserve," he said humbly. "I'm trying to see if I can build their trust to allow me more time with them, but it's not going too great."

"And then there's Kaistleoki. My pack. I have a duties here, but I can't be someone others turn to for help if I'm over in Sagtannet trying to visit my other kids. That's assuming your kind enough to keep me as a member of the pack when I'm only here half the time," 
he said. At this point Howl was simply venting out all the things going against him and it didn't seem fair to Ira to keep going with them, especially since it was a problem he had created himself. Even if he was unaware of the possible ramifications. She knew know what was going on. All that was left was to get her thoughts and see what she thought of Howl's only idea for a semi-solution. 

"I any case. I want to be a good father and also keep providing my services to you and the pack. I mentioned in the past that I have scouting experience. I know there are other's in the pack who have experience as well, but I thought if I could be transferred to ranged obligations for the pack I could continue to be helpful and also see all my children equally between or on the job," he said explaining his proposition. "I know it's not fair to you to make you change things on a dime for me... but I suppose that's what I'm asking," he finished looking to her.
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
Much to the woman's surprise, what followed was not his resignation. In fact, it was quite the opposite. A request to shift roles within the pack as long he is able to visit his family. Even if Ira did not like the idea of the man living a split life, she would never try to keep someone from their family. Ah...You wish to be a Woodward? I must admit that there are some packs I've been interested in seeking out given recent events. An ambassador role could do us well.

You are a valued member here Howl, I wouldn't wish to keep you from your family. Perhaps one day they could move here, but I'm afraid with how many adults we have more pups would be too many for our numbers. If only there was a way to offer a true solution, but the best she could think of was one she would not like. Kaistleoki couldn't afford to lose three bodies right now, not with the Saints and not with all the pups. Kaistleoki will always be a place of self-improvement and new beginnings. It is up to you which skills you would like to pursue and if that involves travel then I see no problem with that. What does Sagtannet think of all of this? What is their life like?
703 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Therapist
Ambassador
Away
"Ah, you wish to be a Woodward?" "Yes. And I'd be happy to perform any task or errand that Kaistleoki needs while on my travels," he stated following Ira's mention of an Ambassador. It was something Howl already had experience within Morningside and also partly in East Hollow. 

It was very reassuring to hear Ira take the news with such understanding and even offered to help his situation in the future, with the prospect of housing Star and their offspring here. This was the first time, besides Star, that someone responded to his situation without disdain. It game Howl hopes that his talk with Connor or Moonshadow might be the same. "I greatly appreciate the offer and understanding Ira. It's not a usual situation, but it's nice not to be seen as a villain by someone. Those at Sagtannet view it differently. They see my mistakes as evidence of my character and the fact that I am only able to visit my other children as a lack of dedication and caring for them. I understand it's all they know. But I wish they would give me a chance to show them otherwise... perhaps with time... that's all I can ask for really." he confessed and ended his ranting, not wanting to push his problems onto Ira.
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
last post from me!

Very well then, from here on out you shall be a faithful Woodward of Kaistleoki. I know nothing of this other pack you speak of...perhaps one of your first tasks might be learning more of their culture and values. While they resided in the mountains it seemed as if they might claim land far enough away that an alliance would be tricky with no knowledge to go off of but...perhaps it was something to look into down the road. 

Ira couldn't exactly condone his actions, but she wasn't about to paint him as a villain. He made a mistake, and it seemed as if he had already owned up to that fact. Providing he put in the work, which he already was offering to do, there was no reason for her to hang his actions over his head. You have more than proved yourself here, Howl. Kaistleoki is about new beginnings, it would be wrong of me to hold a mistake which has already passed over you now. What's important is how you move forward. That being said...is there anything else you wished to talk about? If not, perhaps you should get some rest.

She had stepped away from her kids long enough. If she was no longer needed it would be best to return to her den.