Neverwinter Forest reeling again
126 Posts
Ooc —
"Yeah," he answered, in regards to the first question. "It'th thwollen and it huwts, kinda. Bleedin'," he explained, hoping Orochi would get that he'd choked on the blood. It was slowing down now so it wasn't as bad, thankfully.

He shook his head. "Nuh-uh. Di'n't wan' you t' do tha'," he agreed, but his face warmed again. "I wath hopin' oo wou'dn't. I jutht... it thurpwised me." God this lisp. He already hated it - hopefully it'd ease up in a day or so.

"Oo kicked my ath tonigh'," he said, changing the subject. "Youw 'eally thtrong."
435 Posts
Ooc — mutton
Warrior
Orochi could put the pieces together. The coughing fit wasn’t a joke, he was actually choking. He almost said sorry. Almost. He’d done it once already, and that was for nothing. One apology was all he was getting out of him.

So he didn’t choke for the sake of a joke, he did it because of shock. When he thought about it, he could understand why. He’d probably choke if he was in Hide’s shoes.

The compliment made him grin. I know. Didn’t have to tell him twice. Orochi could gloat about it all night if he wanted.

With enough of my training, you’ll probably be able to beat me. He didn’t mind teaching Hide. It’s better than teaching a couple of dumb kids by a landslide. I mean, you do want me to teach you right?
126 Posts
Ooc —
A smile crossed Hide's maw at Orochi's response. Of course he knew - especially after their conversation with Ruo, Hide wanted Orochi to know that he was still strong and tough and awesome. Honestly, he wouldn't mind if his companion wanted to gloat - he certainly deserved to. 

"I'b dunna win," he assured, tail swishing behind him, and then nodded his head. "Yeth, pleade. If oo wanna." That was what was most important, after all. He didn't want to make Orochi train him or anything. "I dun wanna be any t'ouble." 

Not that he really thought he was causing trouble. He and Orochi both liked fighting, so it probably wasn't that big a deal. But still, he did want some reassurance that he wasn't annoying the crap out of the guy.
435 Posts
Ooc — mutton
Warrior
wanna fade?

Maybe, he emphasized. Hide had a long way to go if he wanted to beat someone who’s been fighting since they came out the womb. It’s no trouble for me. We’ll train everyday if we have to. You’ll be one of the best fighters anyone’s ever seen.

Orochi stood up and shook off as much mud as he could. The clumps that clung to him would have to be meticulously pulled out. He wasn’t looking forward to that.

Common, get up. You’re covered in mud.
126 Posts
Ooc —
yep! thank you for another awesome thread <3

Orochi's confidence was reassuring. Hide puffed out his chest - of course he'd be one of the best fighters anyone had ever seen. He had a great teacher, after all, and he was determined. And it was no trouble for Orochi, which... well, it felt like that was a big deal. 

"T'ank oo," he responded, bumping his flank against Orochi's own. He could imagine they were both covered in mud, but that was certainly fixable. 

He wouldn't say much else at the moment, but he hoped his gratitude would be expressed more later, through carefully picking mud out of his companion's fur and making sure he was as clean as possible under the circumstances. Maybe they could find a stream to clean off in or something. 

They'd have to get used to that, if these training sessions were going to be a daily thing.