Moonspear give me something
Ghost
"God is every bit as feral as that which he creates."
816 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Warrior
Ecologist
Is there any measure of your loyalty left- she asked of him, and the sound of her voice became like that of the sea crashing in his disjointed fever dreams, a rumble of white-noise and nothingness. The rest did not matter.

No. He snapped the word, more vicious than he intended.

Revui held on to nothing from the Valley; he briefly thought of Merrick and the bloodied bond they'd created, some semblance of friendship (or as close as they could manage between the two of them). He thought of Ikkalrok, which made his heart hurt until he let it harden some. This was a self-inflicted wound he could bounce back from, like the others.

The look in his eyes - the emptiness - remained, while his brow pinched in to a scowl, tired of having to repeat the sentiment every time, tired of the doubt. But he could not lie - he had never been a vocal creature and so the need to learn had never surfaced, thus, his reply was as basic as the rest of himself:

I am loyal to myself. I can only trust myself. And even though he wished he could say otherwise, Revui was certain he was signing his death warrant as he answered, or at the very least confirming for Hydra all of her lamentations. He was through listening to what everyone else wanted out of him when he got nothing in return but endless doubt.

If she wanted more than that, it was Hydra's turn to earn it.

The woods have always been filled with these soft doe-eyed things;
with hearts beating for the arrow, the bullet, the lance.

I have always been the huntsman.  ⤑

Messages In This Thread
give me something - by Hydra - October 22, 2020, 07:04 PM
RE: give me something - by Revui (Ghost) - October 22, 2020, 07:49 PM
RE: give me something - by Hydra - October 22, 2020, 08:08 PM
RE: give me something - by Revui (Ghost) - October 22, 2020, 08:14 PM
RE: give me something - by Hydra - October 27, 2020, 05:22 PM
RE: give me something - by Revui (Ghost) - October 27, 2020, 06:18 PM
RE: give me something - by Hydra - October 27, 2020, 06:47 PM
RE: give me something - by Revui (Ghost) - October 27, 2020, 06:52 PM
RE: give me something - by Hydra - October 27, 2020, 07:00 PM