Delta
grind me down
495 Posts
Ooc — Cyprin
Guardian
Away
All Welcome 
[Image: dd35e7h-249d65e6-78b4-43de-941c-640aa0e3...MmWeyYy-oY]

The moon hung high in the air, bright as the winter, and even more vibrant then normal. Her jaded gaze looked up in amazement, finding herself memorized to such a view. Shinning in the moonlight glow, it exaggerated her slim muscles, and charcoal colors. Even it's glow, can make the ugliest wolf feel like a beauty.

Desdemona could not help but raise her head, and sing a song to the skies.
parts of stars, parts of legends
677 Posts
Ooc —
Guardian
Ecologist
True to his blood, he was feeling energetic in the moon's glow. It was efforts spent towards tracking and hunting with his growing @Saviguk, and now that the matters of Firefly Glen were formalized, he was truly turning that spare focus inward.

So, with the mild afternoons, he had taken his son higher in the peaks to track for the mountain goats--something he considered a bit of a mountain tradition when they could manage one. He knew the yearlings were keen to kill big stuff, so this was a good chance to gather information for their cause. Maybe they could find their routes as they began to shift towards their winter grazing spots when more heights froze by the darkening day. They hadn't found the goats yet, but, they had eventually come into good evidence of their travels. It was brief, but he was hopeful. Give it another while longer.. and perhaps. But he was hopeful, and Moonspear deserved a good hunt; he'd pass the word to the younger wolves, or maybe use his son to for the experienced. He hadn't decided yet but all in all, a good day, and now the moon was big and bright.

Anyway, they were just reaching the forests on the way back down the slopes when Jarilo stopped, listening to Desdemona. He nodded as she went on, and when it was right, he howled his own note out to further encourage the rally for the night.
tag for ref/vague fatherly pp for savi, let me know if not okay :P
[Image: FTnkWJH.png]
Delta
grind me down
495 Posts
Ooc — Cyprin
Guardian
Away
And so someone joined her call, and admittingly so, felt embarassing. Her voice slowly dimished to nothing as her throat grown parched for the constant song to the sky. She followed to where the other may be, recognizing the voice as the beta, and moved along to greet him so.

"Jarilo," Desdemona dipped her head in respect as she approached closed.
677 Posts
Ooc —
Guardian
Ecologist
Not so long after his voice lifted too, hers tapered off. Jarilo didn't carry on by himself for long, but just a little while--long enough to make his point while wondering if maybe anyone else across the mountainside would see fit to join them, and they could keep the tune going. But, his howl soon quieted and he settled to listen for any returning echoes. Then, he was not alone for much longer and his tail waved softly when he saw. Of course, he had given off his location with ease. Desdemona, he answered back to match her greet to him.

It's been so bright lately. Seemed to warrant a song, I suppose.. he went on to say as distance closed between them and his stance stayed relaxed enough for him. Hope I didn't stop you? he smirked at the guardian, his own spirit light.
Delta
grind me down
495 Posts
Ooc — Cyprin
Guardian
Away
Desdemona shook her head, "It was welcomed." While embarrassing however, "how are you on this night?" if she thought correctly, there wasn't too many moments when the guard had talked to the beta. Or really, any of the beta's that Moonspear had throughout it's long history. She faintly remembered Revui, and but a single hunt with Arcturus, and finally, the helm rested on Jarilo.

She doesn't know him too well.
677 Posts
Ooc —
Guardian
Ecologist
It made him feel a bit better to hear he was a welcome addition to the song, though he didn't know what else she thought about it. Moving on: I'm fine, he answered first, determined not to dwell on the recent Revui matters that had been stirred, or thinking long about the dangers constantly lurking and brewing elsewhere in the wilds, past the mountain's valley.

But what else? He had been aiming to wind down. It wasn't coming too easily so far, but the efforts were early and he felt intercepted by the moon a bit. Today, I've been tracking in the higher reaches--trying to find where the mountain goats might go for the winter, he summarized to just pull some topic out of nowhere. See if it might be somewhere we can hunt them easier.. I think some of the yearlings are due to give it a shot, he said, since that had been his original motivator. Of course, this would inevitably include the rest of the pack, many of which were newer to the mountain within the last year or so. Maybe she would have some sort of opinion on it, he wondered as he peered her way. How have your patrols been? he asked, zeroing in on that since he knew she would have something there--not that he expected a lot of excess from Desdemona though.
Delta
grind me down
495 Posts
Ooc — Cyprin
Guardian
Away
"It would be a valuable lesson for them to hunt goats." She found them rather tricky to hunt. The factor was they were a valuable meal to many, though they were also aggressive and were quick to bump heads at a wolf. Many were rather different, but she knew majority held horns that were lower then an Elk, and perhaps even more dangerous to how close they could be. Hoofed prey in general tended to be a hassle, but a fine feast for any pack, "I look forward to it."

"Perhaps we could do a battle lesson, to interest any of the pups." With alongside the yearlings to give a shot, she asked about possibly settling another lesson amongst them. Hunters were valued, but now that Firefly Glen was created, most of their warriors were taken away to the fields as well. She would hope some from the younger generation would take a liking to being a warrior.

"It has been relatively peaceful, though it makes me curious on why it's so quiet when there is an enemy about." She directly referenced the Saints. It felt too quiet, and they seemed to mess with many except for Moonspear themselves. She thought about Valour and the desire for an alliance.. And it was laughable.
677 Posts
Ooc —
Guardian
Ecologist
Mhm, and high payoff if they're successful--in many regards, he smirked. Who could complain about a morale boost of a winning hunt and a meal that wasn't exactly everyday? Now just for the right things to fall into place.. and already, he was watching, waiting. Once the opportunity presented, he wanted them to be ready.

She brought up another aspect that was very easy for him to have an opinion about: training the pups now that they were getting older and winter was really the time to show them what it was like. That would be good too. I can let Sialuk and Saviguk know? I'm sure there's some interest to be found there, and that was even without thinking on his sister's bunch who would be much the same. Based on his own teachings, Jarilo was primarily focused on seeing to it that his son was primed to be a good guardian, but he also wanted his daughter to be able to fight too--not that he intended to point either of them at enemies, but it was to protect themselves, and what was rightfully theirs both home and wherever life may land them.

Yeah.. it has been a little suspicious, not that I'm complaining necessarily about our home being peaceful or anything. Maybe the enemy is keeping out of our bad side for good reason, he wondered. There was a lot to theorize there, given how things had gone, when there were multiple packs across the wilds involved. Maybe it was their reputation, or their location, that kept them away from the worst of it somehow.
Delta
grind me down
495 Posts
Ooc — Cyprin
Guardian
Away
Desdemona was not a wolf of gossip, nor' really of politics on the matter. She only knew the layer of information that all knew, but barely any further unless she happened to stumble upon the situation. However.. She was curious on Jarilo's and Kukutux's situation. There was very few pairs within the mountain, Dirge and Hydra, Alya and Nikai, then finally the two. But it seemed more of an arrangement then a happy ceremony. Her mind drifted to when Kukutux offered to be a sister of sorts, another wife to the man. She of course rejected, but it was an odd offer nonetheless.

She wasn't born in the best circumstances. Her mother was not remembered and her father was a known cheater, but he did not take more wives, only whored around as the wife looked in disdain to all the bastards. A toxic homelife that she grew into, but it was the norm to take but one mate in life.

"Sailuk spoke to me moons ago, asking what I did. Though I do not think she is interested." The other children she spoke of her far more.. Childish, to say the least. The ghostly duck seemed mature for her age, much like to the motherly swan. However unlike the other children, she didn't seem interested in going further outside the territory or fight, just simply asked about Desdemona's love life.

A lot seemed interested in that recently. Strange.

"Many fear Moonspear, it isn't surprised they would rather keep low. I would hope they would stay that way." Confidence in the strength of their group, it wouldn't be wise to face the mountain-wolves.
677 Posts
Ooc —
Guardian
Ecologist
Her less than her brother, definitely, he agreed on Sialuk. But she's curious enough, who knows, he was keeping the opportunity open for her, because he'd offer all the same. Naturally once past his own pair, he considered Hydra and Dirge's lot. They were a mixed bunch as well. I know you may perk Mira's ears, and Altair is nosy enough, I think he'd want to participate just on principle of not missing anything... he supposed. Caelum was another big maybe, and Mintaka.. he wanted to doubt, like Sialuk in a few ways there, but for very different reasons. His daughter had veered her interests in a direction like her mother, after all.

Then, on the other side of things, he agreed there. Yeah. Honestly, for the best, he said, thinking then on Moonspear's reputation, and how it reached into the wilds. Fearing them was one thing. He often didn't think of himself in that sort of light, but it was not to say that it was wrong. Still, he was content to talk on with her about their advantages, or wherever else the conversation aimed towards along that train of thought; he was in company he knew could appreciate the dutiful side of things, and honestly, he took great solace in that as well. And maybe, if he was able, he would try to end this on another rallying howl that they could try to involve more of the others in on--if he could coax her to it, of course, but for now, he was in no rush.