Whitefish River you're the truth that's breaking me and keeping me together
416 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Why was a good question that Charles had no answer to. The answer was always because he had no spine. He lived here because Leta lived here, but he felt an old flare of jealousy when he thought of telling Riley that. He hadn't forgotten how Riley would separate Charles from his toys or from Leta when they were little. He wasn't too sure whether he wanted to let Riley in on that little secret of his life. He had no other answers though. It was strange to stand here and not be beaten up by Riley. Whenever he imagined a reunion with his brother, Charles always imagined that that was what he would do.

The next question caught him off guard. He didn't really want to answer, but before he knew it, he'd blurted out -- No, of course not! as if it was a horrible insult that he would go here only because mother had brought him here. No, he'd left in part to get away from her and her terrible moods. That Riley thought he would stay with her made him feel sick to his stomach. Was that really what he appeared to be?

After a second or five of silence, Charles defiantly said: Aren't you gonna beat me? Especially when he had stood up he expected for Riley's mood to worsen, but instead it seemed to be conflicting. It was strange. Charles was only used to being beat whenever he stood up for himself. ... Or whenever he didn't, for that matter.
Messages In This Thread