Raven's Watch laughed their cryings and did their dance
◌●◎◉◎●◌
228 Posts
Ooc — Rosie Partytime
Joining 
✹☾❂

Not all decisions were easy, but Eleuthera was blessed in that most of her path laid itself out in front of her in a very obvious manner. She had been raised in a world of intuition, then cut her teeth in her perpetual travels with Séamus, and it left her with a honed ability to discern signs and follow them without guilt or regret. There was little questioning that went on in Eleuthera’s mind when it came to making decisions, and that wasn’t a quality she would deign to demonstrate today.

Her choice had been obvious when she found the Faeries amongst the willows instead of her beloved Elysium — the gods, if there were any, clearly meant for her to join the small mystical family of fae, for no matter how show a time they had together. Now they meant for her to ascend the mountain just to the border of the willows, to learn of these wolves who meant to settle it and aid in their endeavor.  If anything seemed that it might be mutually beneficial, this was it. Why else would Kigipigak have been put in her path, at the top of some godless southern ridge, if not to enlighten her about the opportunity for health and safety that was bubbling up in her own backyard?

Eleuthera also had a penchant for being involved in things. If she heard something was happening, Leu often would volunteer to be spectator. She would become involved if it was the price to pay to keep her life interesting, but basically where you found action, you could find Eleuthera, egging it on from the sidelines. She would not — could not — have it any other way. 

With winter setting quickly in on them, Eleuthera made the decision to pursue this red-hot lead, which life had placed so nicely in her lap. The lilac woman awoke that morning in the willows, and she nodded to herself internally and set forth to the scent borders of the Greywatch wolves, which she presumed to be strong due to their intention of settling the heights. In this, she was correct, the invisible wall hit her senses almost immediately. With a wistful glance over her shoulder, she attempted to commune with the sacred, weeping arbors — don't worry, i’ll be right over here — and then turned back to place where the ravens flocked heavily, and sung her song. 

A soliloquy, which hopefully might soon turn into a duet. 
the voice of your eyes is deeper than all roses
nobody, not even the rain, has such small hands

kiss me on the mouth
16 Posts
Ooc —
Away
As winter approached, the autumn wolf was growing into her winter coat. She was already a rather plush wolf, easily finding stones and twigs to be lost within her pelt, but now with the mixture of the colden weather, she felt extra supplied for the harsher times ahead. As too it would come, so would harder days- but she found some sort of comfort knowing it was a bit easier to blend in at times as she had a variety of white to her coat, but even then, that was not enough to survive.. At least she had the Watch.

Upon the days of strolling and walking, a hunt to the mixture, Viola perked an ear to a song of calling. However she was not sure if it was one of calling for those who follow the ravens, nonetheless she could not help but throw her own note to the mixture, and follow along the chorus of songs.

I'm coming, she said.
[Image: d9gqnbs-b5b99fd3-2090-45cb-a495-6244c635...zw64bIYPq4]
◌●◎◉◎●◌
228 Posts
Ooc — Rosie Partytime
✹☾❂

At first, there was nothing. Her song faded into the wind, briefly answered by another bidding her to wait. This kept Eleuthera pacified, who was spirited in the areas she felt pulled towards and waited now with bated breath. Territories were big, and who knew what manner of business she must be interrupting — as a woman who had done this many times before, she knew these things often took time, so she sat down and began to preen her feathered chest. The voice that responded sounded feminine, but @Kigipigak had mentioned The Watch was helmed by his two brothers — either way, the faerie wanted to look presentable and nice and pleasing to the eyes. It was just another way that Eleuthera liked to make things easier for herself. 

Probably should have tagged y’all in the first place!
@Stjornuati @Solpallur

devour the stars
243 Posts
Ooc — Gina
As Viola's voice joined the song, so too did Stjornuati's, rising in its low, strong note to acknowledge the one that hailed them as did @Solpallur's. Whether the dark wolf would descend the mountain was a mystery even to his golden pelted brother who did descend, winding his way down from the mountain lake and into the forest below. It was here that he gained a companion in the form of @D'Artagnan who settled on the wolf's shoulders with a familiarity that pleased the tall northerner, inwardly preening even as the visage of him remained stoic and impassive.

The huntress had not yet arrived, it seemed, leaving the wolf of gold and cream to meet this visitor alone, dark eyes watching as she groomed her fur. If she had taken notice of him yet, she did not show it, and so he announced himself not with voice but with action, lifting a paw to set it over a twig in the snow, applying pressure so that it cracked in the silence, giving the man an opportunity to gauge the woman's reaction.
10055/50000 (10055/50000)
◌●◎◉◎●◌
228 Posts
Ooc — Rosie Partytime
✹☾❂

In the end, Eleuthera wasn’t left waiting long. In fact, the lilac woman was relatively unaware of how much time had actually passed, so involved in her preening was she. She nibbled down to her pinksoft skin and would tease it out her fleecy winter undercoat, then lick her velveteen overcoat straight and smooth it down in the direction of the grain, then pull back her chin to admire her handiwork… and then, do it all over again with the next rough section that sat adjacent to the one she just preened. The sprite worked her way across her breast, almost to her shoulder when she heard a snap of a thin, brittle branch — 

Eleuthera’s gaze lifted, her attention only having been focused, not absent. In front of her, a golden, wordless man. This must be one of the brothers, of whom Kigipigak had spoken.

The lithe shewolf lifted her haunches from the chilled earth, to more fully give her attention to the wolf who had answered her call. As she stood, she also swept into a demure, respectful bow. The woman tipped her crown, pulled back and dipped her chest down — and only after she did this, did she greet the man before her.
“I am Eleuthera,” she introduced in her lyrical tones. “I seek a new home.” Her lavender eyes bounced from the silent one before her, to the heights from which he descended from.“Kigipigak told me I might find such things here.”

posting out of turn, but i just wanted to keep it going!

devour the stars
243 Posts
Ooc — Gina
It's okay! Cyprin said we can skip her! <3

She did not startle or start, telling him that despite her attentions to her appearance, she boasted an awareness of her surroundings. It was a mark in her favor, for had she jumped, the wolf might have descended upon her to test her mettle further, to see how quickly she'd break. Her movement was observed in silence, a tilt of his head the only movement as she bowed before him.

Without prompting, she spoke, another mark to add to the other, though suspicion rose like a great, winged beast as she spoke of the one that recruited her. Stoic, impassive, the only immediate acknowledgement he gave was the flick of a tail, silence stretching long before he made the decision to speak. What skills do you offer? He asked, a perfect repetition of the question he had posed to another woman not that long ago. This one, at least, seemed less meek than that one.
10055/50000 (10055/50000)
◌●◎◉◎●◌
228 Posts
Ooc — Rosie Partytime
✹☾❂

The stretches of silence between them were long, which Eleuthera took as purposeful — these specific moments, when one stranger sought something from another (in this case, the beginning of a mutually-beneficial symbiosis) were always rife with objective evaluation and testing. Though she was not a stranger to the customs of joining a pack, as she had done this time and time again amongst her travels, Eleuthera wondered if she would ever get used to feeling so strongly under scrutiny. A specimen under his microscope. The gods were mostly kind to her, however; she almost always was able to curry favor with those she met, seemingly to blossom under the curiosity of their gaze. 

...and then there it was, the question that the man broke his silence for. Eleuthera’s ears pulled back with an air of sobriety, regarding the matters at hand. This was business, after all: the business of staying alive. The business of creating a meaningful existence out of nothing.
“My mothers were master midwives,” she began after a moment, en sotto voce. “They shared with me many lessons of their craft.” Eleuthera was no expert in this by any means, but mama Olive and mama Seabreeze had always been quite taken with, and vocal about, the way a woman’s body could become a vessel for life. If Eleuthera had to become involved in this process in some way, she would know what to do — at least, in theory.

Having been lost in a reverie of times long past, but only for a brief, mere moment, the silken, lilac creature stumbled over her exhale to continue to entreat this nameless, northern brother.
“I have a deep knowledge of these lands. I grew up in the willows just to the east, and I have lived in these lands for a good portion of my life.” As a vagrant and a voyager, she had always known well the goings-on in the mountains. She had seen packs come and go — she knew where the deer ran in the winter, and which territories became contested in the spring. Out of all the places she had seen in the world, it was this place that fascinated her endlessly. Her smile simpered warmly.

“I know what these mountains mean to me,” she prompted, wondering if she dare to stray into such dangerous, uncharted waters. Who was she, to ask questions of him? Yet, she asked. “What do they mean to you?”