Jade Fern Grove i didn't even feel when i took my eyes off you
you're the unbreakable heart
948 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Branwoda, Laurel repeated, though it sounded a lot more like 'brown water' from her own tongue than Praimfaya's. Laurel knew nothing of this language, and though curious for it, she was uncertain if she had the energy to learn words from it. Perhaps in time, when she was a bit more settled in the Bypass. Laurel felt a bit nervous to say no to the offer — something she never would otherwise — so she said a little shyly, Perhaps when I'm a bit more settled in Rivenwood.

It made thoughts go around in her head thinking of becoming a mother alone. Though the thought of not having a man around soothed her anxious heart, it also made Laurel feel like it must be a lot to handle to be a mother alone.

As Praimfaya said that she liked to think that nobody knows what's coming for them, Laurel scoffed. A flash of indignation and hurt passed her face before she managed to wrangle her face back into a polite, though wry smile. She might find someone... His cold words were in her ears. Someone... Like me, dearest. She could feel his hot breath in her neck, even though she knew that it couldn't be true.

Yeah. She didn't want to find someone. Maybe. But she doubted she would ever find someone who had proven themselves so trustworthy as Xan had last season. Men were all pigs, and though Xan had left her, at least he hadn't...

Oh, come on, dearest, you loved your time with me.

It took all of Laurel's willpower to not scream 'no' at him. The only thing that stopped her was Praimfaya's presence, but her teeth were grit and it was clear that she was distressed.

How will you and Sequoia do it? she asked Praimfaya. The question came rushed and stunted. She had to say something, get herself back into the moment, into the here and now. Alone, I mean. I suppose the pack will help? Laurel had raised her previous set of children all alone. Maybe that was what she was in part, afraid of. That she'd repeat the sins she unleashed upon Riley, Louie and Charles if she didn't have a partner who would stay her hand and mind. Or, no, it wasn't that — it was that they'd turn out wrong because they didn't have a father.
Messages In This Thread