Hideaway Strath I'm thinking things that I might start regretting
416 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Well, that's pretty useless then, Charles thought as Nyra mentioned not having a good father. He thought she meant that she didn't have a father, maybe. However, when she continued he realised the true depth of her words and it made him realise what they meant. It felt like gravity was just a little tighter on his body when he heard the words. He wasn't entirely sure what abusing meant but he could tell from the context that it wasn't very good.

So were they simply doomed, then, to repeat the mistakes of their parents? What if he turned out to be like his mother? He wanted nothing to do with her, and definitely didn't want to look into the water and see her face reflected in his own. How could he possibly prevent that, when apparently, that was what parents simply did?

Loves and protects... What did that mean? Could he do that? He had to try, but was he really the good person that Nyra somehow seemed to see in him? The coywolf looked conflicted at these words and he was silent for a good time before finally responding. I... will try. He wasn't ready to be a father by a long shot, but he knew that he had to try, at least, for their sake.
Messages In This Thread
RE: I'm thinking things that I might start regretting - by Charles - April 09, 2021, 02:11 AM