Noctisardor Bypass teil eins
you're the unbreakable heart
948 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Laurel was unaware what value it held to Mahler that she should say that he was a good man. That he deserved the peace that he was so looking for. Perhaps in part, Laurel was trying to convince herself that she deserved such things, too. That if Mahler did, then maybe she... It seemed that he had troubles on his mind, like she did, and perhaps they could both find a way to settle them. Perhaps it was that which she pursued selfishly... or perhaps it was simply her desire to make him feel heard, so that he would do as she pleased. That he would kill Merrick, truly. I thought you had learned away your ways of trying to make men do what you want, my dearest... Iliksis' raw voice crowed in her head, but Mahler's smooth voice overshadowed it.

Peaceful for her as well. He played into what she wanted most in the world — Peace, dearest. — and she wanted to believe that it could be. But could it ever truly be, if she were below a man again? She and Indra had said that men were the worst and they would never fall for such things again. Yet, Laurel had given a chance to Xan — to trust him, after he worked hard for it. Yet, she realised in that moment, she was slowly giving a chance to Mahler — could she ever trust him, too? She played it off as trying to get what she wanted, but what was it really about?

Laurel did not find answers. She found herself aflush as he murmured his sweet words of peace and home. Home... After a broken, scattered childhood, Bearclaw Valley had been the closest to a home she had ever had, now desecrated by her villainous nephew. Could this truly become a home? Did she even know what home truly meant?

His breath sent a shudder down her spine that was uncontrollable. You like it though, don't you, dearest? She hated that she liked it, that it sent a burning feeling from her chest through her stomach that she could not control. She needed so badly to control, and yet everything inside her wanted to give in to this feeling of... You know what it is. Whatever it was. Desire. No! She wanted to shout it, but grit her teeth and pressed against Mahler closer to quell the voice that dripped poison over everything in her life.

Children. He asked for children.

His children? Though it was perhaps left in the middle, up to interpretation, Laurel did not find any other ways to interpret it than that. It was not unreasonable, Laurel found herself thinking. Blood on their claws, bodies ripped apart to provide the solace that they so sought, and in return... New life. They would kill Merrick's child and in return she would receive back Indra. Could it truly be?

Peace... she spoke quietly into his ear, a bit behind on it all. I wonder if such a thing is possible for me. Her quiet voice trembled; suddenly small and fragile again as she lay her soul bare against his neck.

Then she said, a little stronger, but still in a tone that made it clear these words were for his ears only: I will do it. I will carry children, and they will be strong. Thank you, Mahler. Thank you for making sure that they will be safe. I can't say how much it means to me. A few careful nibbles at the frays of his ear were placed to show that perhaps she could not truly express how much it meant to her in words, but there were other ways that she knew.
Messages In This Thread
teil eins - by Mahler - April 28, 2021, 04:38 PM
RE: teil eins - by Laurel - April 29, 2021, 05:02 AM
RE: teil eins - by Mahler - April 29, 2021, 02:35 PM
RE: teil eins - by Laurel - May 03, 2021, 03:15 AM
RE: teil eins - by Mahler - May 04, 2021, 01:00 PM
RE: teil eins - by Laurel - May 11, 2021, 08:24 AM
RE: teil eins - by Mahler - May 13, 2021, 12:10 PM
RE: teil eins - by Laurel - May 18, 2021, 08:26 AM
RE: teil eins - by Mahler - May 24, 2021, 09:26 PM
RE: teil eins - by Laurel - May 26, 2021, 02:37 AM
RE: teil eins - by Mahler - May 27, 2021, 02:42 PM