Noctisardor Bypass can you help me understand why these cards are dealt
you're the unbreakable heart
948 Posts
Ooc — Iris
All Welcome 
Laurel could feel it in her body; soon, it was time. Her scent was beginning to change and she felt different. In her head she could hear Iliksis' voice resound, and every time he said something he sounded more and more plausible. She didn't want it to be so, but she knew what it was and she knew what she must do, soon. Today, as she gathered herself for what was to come — filled with anticipation and a deeply seeded fear — Laurel lounged by the Birdsong Lagoon and looked out over the water.

She knew of only two other men currently residing in the pack — @Argent and @Ephemeris — and the latter was the only one she had met. He was a brutish sort, a fighter, and she hoped that she wouldn't run into him today. She knew nothing of the other; had only picked up his scent around, but didn't know who he was or even what his name was.

Laurel thought of Sequoia and Praimfaya; both were probably busy with their children. She had brought them food occasionally. Would they do the same for her? Above all of her thoughts was the thought whether she was truly ready to be a mother again. Another layer deeper lay her deepest fear and worry, voiced by the poison dripping between her ears in the form of Iliksis' deep voice: Are you ready to do what needs to be done to be a mother again, my dearest?

tags for visibility in case any of the guys want to join this thread - no need to follow up, thread's AW. <3
RIP & TEAR
49 Posts
Ooc — landry
I interrupted this as her scent having already started to change, if I'm wrong let me know and I'll edit! :)

He had not thought much of it at first. An odd scent filled his nose. One that he had no experience with, having not been raised around the women or having even had much interaction with them. So he knew not its source or what it was an omen of.

He simply did what he did best as a night watchmen. He investigated.

Only to come across Laurel at a lagoon. He did not understand why she carried such a peculiar scent with her today as opposed to how she had been last they had met.

Sickness is the first thing on his mind.

Are you feeling well?
142 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
An interaction not far from him drew his attention. Or so he thought, as a different scent pulled him closer. Still, youth and indifference did not fully grasp the reasoning of it, and icy eyes drifted over the pair, watching them from afar and brushing a shoulder against a tall tree he leaned next to. Languid, curious. 

Argent made no move closer, but not did he leave. After all, was it not time he invested more toward his fellow pack mates rather than remaining a simple shadow along the borders?
948 Posts
Ooc — Iris
It didn't surprise Laurel that her changing scent should summon other men. Laurel looked up as Ephemeris approached, who she'd met the other day. She felt a tremble of fear in her guts as she looked at him, hoping that he wouldn't let his instincts take over. Her stomach twisted at the thought but it didn't seem that his body responded with desire as he approached, which filled Laurel with relief. She looked up from per perch at the territory's large lake and glanced over to him.

Afraid to get up and spread her scent too thickly, Laurel stayed in place and turned her head to look at him. Hi Ephemeris, she said somewhat shyly. She could not help but chuckle at his question. I'm feeling quite well. Haven't you been around women? The statement was a little mocking, perhaps. Laurel didn't realise how true those words might actually be, figuring that everyone who'd grown up had at least experienced their own mother, their own pack mates, to have been in heat.

A single ear tilted towards the other man somewhat in the distance, but other than that she made no move to acknowledge Argent for now. She could always ask Ephemeris to protect her if it came to anything, she supposed.
RIP & TEAR
49 Posts
Ooc — landry
"Haven't you been around women?"

The question jarred him some. Not so badly that he was shocked, but enough for him to pause. The fact was — Ephemeris had not received a very fruitful education as a youth. Instinct might have geared him one way or another whenever the time came, but he was mentally lost.

No. He finally answered, deadpan as he stared at her still. Only you and a few others.

He continued to fail to see how this tied in with the unusual scent.

Dense, brash boy.
142 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
Just going to exit Argent here unless he's called out to. <3
The two conversed quietly—of what, he did not truly know, though did note a certain playfulness to the she-wolf as she questioned the man. They seemed familiar to one another—and her scent clung to his nostrils in a way he was unused to.

Instinct and curiosity would dictate he tread closer, inspect what it was about the she-wolf that held his own attention, but logic and duty would win above else. Pale gaze unreadable, the youthful man gave a nod to the two, not waiting to see if they acknowledged or even knew of his presence-instead, he made to excuse himself, solid form of silver and ice drifting away from what he knew to be a potential precarious situation.
948 Posts
Ooc — Iris
He responded so innocently, and it amused Laurel. She was also getting a little tired of this game, though; she was in the mood for meeting some real men, not this drivel. The 'no' surprised her, though, since she didn't know there were wolves who grew up without women; how was that even possible? Who birthed him at all? Laurel didn't really want to delve into the specifics right now, though.

Well, Laurel said with a lifted eyebrow, but then she began to get second thoughts. She didn't want to explain to him what the scent meant, because that might mean that he might act on it. So far she felt pretty safe, but doubt was beginning to creep up to her now. Never mind. She seemed to change her mind in a hurry, and she smiled nervously at him, then said, I — have to go. I'll catch you later. And Laurel turned away, hoping that he wouldn't stop her from being on her way. These games weren't as fun as they used to be.