Duskfire Glacier Suppressing who I was inside,
Tu me rends malade, et j'adore ça...
30 Posts
Ooc — Cheeto
All Welcome 
Hopefully someone he hasn't met yet? Either way, all welcome!

The children -- they came all at once like a hurricane.

He could hear the fussing around the expecting mother's dens, the strong scent of after birth, and make out what could only be described as the tiny wails of new life from afar -- "Welcome to the world!" -- or whatever.

Is that what he was supposed to say? There wasn't some weird initiation ceremony where someone would come to smite him for not welcoming the pups here, right? 

Hopefully not. Sounds like a pain in the ass. 

This morning he'd not been doing much. Kaster wandered in the middle of the camp, his icy gaze seeking lazily around the camp and seeing if he should go hunting again today or sit at the borders instead. Pheobe sat idly on his scruff snoozing during the daylight, and if he did decide to head out today to restock the cache, she'll have to be woken up soon one way or another...

The Archer
604 Posts
Ooc — Zoo
Medic
Ambassador
Ranger
Lane loped from the caverns with the look of a prisoner escaping from a dungeon. Wintersbane was stretched a little thin these days, parenting two separate litters and feeding two mothers, and so she relished these small breaks when he could sit with the children and she could get away for a moment. 

Lane stopped to empty her bladder, sighing with relief. She'd only done that a pawful of times since the children had been born, reluctant to leave the pair alone even to take care of bodily functions.  

When she was finished, Lane simply wandered around the heart of the territory, noting with fascination how everything outside seemed too bright, and too quiet. The air smelled too fresh. All of the pleasures that she had been denied he past three days assaulted her at once, and she found herself needing to readjust. 

She happened upon a stranger, emphasis on the strange part. Was that an owl sitting on his back?! Just.. sitting there? Lane knew that they'd added some packmates while she was gone on her pre-birth walkabout, but she hadn't heard anything about one of them being a bird

"Is that.." she started to ask, but then realized she was speaking too quietly. She'd gotten used to talking in hushed tones within the caverns, where even the slightest sound were magnified and echoed. "Is that yours?" she tried again, raising her voice to a more appropriate volume. Her incredulous, amber eyes were fixed on the bird.
Tu me rends malade, et j'adore ça...
30 Posts
Ooc — Cheeto

Nonchalantly, his ears swiveled backwards at the sound of approaching paw steps behind him. He wondered, for a moment, if it was the little splotched woman named Imaq, but when he turned his glacier gaze around he did not see the seelie, but the augoti pelt of a pure blood. She looked owlish -- suprised -- and confusion as to why made him raise a singke brow in inquiry.

What?

Oh, of course.

"She is Pheobe, my companion." He explained calmly, allowing air to exit his lungs through his nose. Questions about why he was carrying what others could precive as prey was to be expected. It seemed as if most had not seen such a thing before, and the archer worried that it would cause another actually trying to hunt the owless.

He wouldn't allow that to happen to her.

Changing the subject, the woodlander would shake his brunette pelt and turn to face the young looking she-wolf.

"I don't believe we've met....I am Kaster, a new recruit."

The Archer
604 Posts
Ooc — Zoo
Medic
Ambassador
Ranger
"Oh. Okay." Lane lapsed into silence for a moment, eyes still locked on the bird. Now she'd seen everything, she felt. 

He introduced himself, and it took Lane just a beat too long to respond. Manners had always been a bit low on her priority list, and they were honestly the first thing to fall by the wayside once the pups were born. 

That, and hygiene. Lane looked and smelled like a musty diaper, if wolves had had such things. 

"I'm Lane. I'm.. a mother." No shit, sherlock. He could probably figure that out for himself, given that she had the look and scent of some cross between a newly-freed prisoner and a daycare worker. 

"And a medic," she added, surprised at herself that she'd managed to introduce herself first in some other way. She'd never been anything other than a medic before, and certainly not anything else first.