Noctisardor Bypass set fire to the roses on my grave
Rivenwood
Den Mother*
660 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Fisher
Ecologist
It was unusual for Druid to be awake at this time of day, yet something roused her and she couldn’t find her way back to sleep. Squinting against the brightness, she crawled out of her log, stretching and yawning. As her eyes adjusted, she noted that the temperature wasn’t too disagreeable today. The sunshine actually felt pleasant on her back. Bracelet seemed to agree; the pup found her serpentine friend basking on top of the log.

When she held out a paw, Bracelet slithered to clasp around her usual perch on Druid’s ankle. Slowly, the youth began ambling around Rivenwood, taking in all the sights and smells of daytime for the first time in a while. She eventually crept toward the edge of the lagoon for a long drink, then sat down for a while.

She sat so still for so long that a frog hopped very close by. Reacting instinctively, she swiped out her free forepaw and surprised herself by pinning the amphibian’s leg to the silt right at the water’s edge. She moved quickly to crush the croaking creature, making quite a mess of it. She blinked down at her serendipitous kill, sniffed at it and then plucked its pulpy remains off the ground.

Not feeling hungry herself, Druid sought out one of the pack’s stockpiles. Her search led her close to the borders. Just as she neared a cache and dropped the gooey body into it, she saw Worripa’s familiar figure in the distance. The young girl paused for a beat or two, then snatched up the frog again and began making her way over to her brother.
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
set fire to the roses on my grave - by Ingram - August 25, 2021, 01:11 PM
RE: set fire to the roses on my grave - by Druid - August 25, 2021, 01:27 PM
RE: set fire to the roses on my grave - by Ingram - September 05, 2021, 08:58 AM
RE: set fire to the roses on my grave - by Druid - September 07, 2021, 12:53 PM
RE: set fire to the roses on my grave - by Ingram - September 11, 2021, 05:41 AM
RE: set fire to the roses on my grave - by Druid - September 12, 2021, 08:20 PM
RE: set fire to the roses on my grave - by Ingram - September 23, 2021, 08:28 AM