Duskfire Glacier and suddenly i'm someone that prays
604 Posts
Ooc — Zoo
Medic
Ambassador
Ranger
It was dangerous, they boy was exactly right. Especially now that Issorartuyok's family were coming out of the woodwork, if Issorartuyok happened to be a usurper who wished to stage a coup, he was now very well set up for it. He had Meerkat, Tuuluuwaq and Tanaraq at his side, and Lane had... a bunch of five month old pups. She wasn't even sure that her own son wouldn't pick Issorartuyok's side, if he was forced to choose. 

"I believe that Issorartuyok has only good intentions, and I think Duskfire Glacier will prosper under his leadership." She really believed these things. She was being honest with Arius now, because he had made it clear that anything less would be met with intense scrutiny. His demeanor had shifted for the better, which reaffirmed Lane's decision to take the honest approach. 

"But you should always heed your instincts. If yours are telling you not to trust someone without knowing them, then listen." Lane had always urged her own children to listen up when their inner voice spoke, and she would encourage the same for Arius. 

Lane hoped that Arius would see this as reason to get to know Issorartuyok. Just as Arius did not yet know and trust Issorartuyok, Lane did not yet know and trust Arius. He could mean well, or he could be another Makatza, playing the long game. She could not know for sure, unless she allowed herself to get to know the boy. 

The children did not know this, but Lane intended to make one of them her beta when they reached the age of nine months. Issorartuyok had agreed with this plan, adding that the child who was chosen should express the desire to lead, as well as demonstrate the appropriate skills. Arius had already ticked one box, and time would tell whether he would meet the rest of the criteria.
Messages In This Thread
and suddenly i'm someone that prays - by Arius - November 28, 2021, 06:48 AM
RE: and suddenly i'm someone that prays - by Lane - November 28, 2021, 12:06 PM
RE: and suddenly i'm someone that prays - by Arius - November 28, 2021, 12:25 PM
RE: and suddenly i'm someone that prays - by Lane - November 28, 2021, 01:12 PM
RE: and suddenly i'm someone that prays - by Arius - November 28, 2021, 01:20 PM
RE: and suddenly i'm someone that prays - by Lane - November 28, 2021, 02:05 PM
RE: and suddenly i'm someone that prays - by Arius - November 28, 2021, 02:27 PM
RE: and suddenly i'm someone that prays - by Lane - November 28, 2021, 03:01 PM
RE: and suddenly i'm someone that prays - by Arius - November 28, 2021, 03:24 PM
RE: and suddenly i'm someone that prays - by Lane - November 28, 2021, 03:56 PM
RE: and suddenly i'm someone that prays - by Arius - November 28, 2021, 04:13 PM
RE: and suddenly i'm someone that prays - by Lane - November 28, 2021, 05:17 PM
RE: and suddenly i'm someone that prays - by Ensio - November 28, 2021, 08:54 PM
RE: and suddenly i'm someone that prays - by Arius - December 01, 2021, 06:58 AM
RE: and suddenly i'm someone that prays - by Lane - December 02, 2021, 03:28 PM