Duskfire Glacier the ladder
Rivenwood
Den Mother*
669 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Fisher
Ecologist
Someone ducked into the den, something tumbling out of her mouth. Druid twitched, eyes falling to the grassy green objects briefly before lifting to the woman’s face. She said her name, then swore to go to Rivenwood at once.

The youth could only stare at her in absolute gratitude, eyes still brimming with tears. Druid wanted to go with her, of course, but it went without saying that it wouldn’t be possible. She wasn’t certain she had enough energy to leave this den to toilet, much less go on a rescue mission.

Guilt washed through her at the thought. Lane had already done so much for her, now she was going to put herself at risk to search for survivors? Druid swallowed thickly, Heda’s voice capturing her attention. If she couldn’t assist directly, then perhaps information would help them in their endeavor.

Much as she hated to dwell on the nights of her own attack and the subsequent raid, Druid closed her eyes and breathed, concentrating. Although she hadn’t seen much the first night, she had gotten a good look at the she-wolf and her companion during the storming of Rivenwood.

There was a she-wolf, brownish black with yellow eyes, she described, eyes still shut, tears clinging to her lashes. Especially looking back now, she couldn’t quite remember if she had been with the same man both nights. There was a male too, black fur…

Her eyes slowly cracked open, meeting Heda’s gaze, then glancing at Lane. There were more, though. I don’t know how many. I could hear them shouting for Laurel. I… Druid thought about what the two hunters had told her, yet could think of no way to convey it without confessing to her own dastardly deed.

It had felt like a necessary evil at the time, though Druid wasn’t so certain now that she wasn’t in the heat of the moment. Her insides curdled suddenly and she didn’t have much time to warn, I’m going to be sick, before she promptly vomited all over Lane’s moss balls.
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
the ladder - by Druid - January 15, 2022, 01:27 PM
RE: the ladder - by Heda - January 15, 2022, 05:17 PM
RE: the ladder - by Druid - January 15, 2022, 07:05 PM
RE: the ladder - by Heda - January 15, 2022, 07:34 PM
RE: the ladder - by Druid - January 15, 2022, 10:25 PM
RE: the ladder - by Lane - January 16, 2022, 08:59 AM
RE: the ladder - by Tuuluuwaq - January 16, 2022, 03:31 PM
RE: the ladder - by Heda - January 16, 2022, 03:48 PM
RE: the ladder - by Druid - January 16, 2022, 04:10 PM
RE: the ladder - by Ensio - January 16, 2022, 09:14 PM
RE: the ladder - by Lane - January 17, 2022, 10:40 AM