Boartusk Heights Klatre
34 Posts
Ooc — Teo
All Welcome 
The rock underfoot was sharp. Jörmungandr had climbed a short way along the edge of the mountain, keeping his eye trained on the settlement that was below. He had scented the marking of wolves after drawing near the strath. It had taken him days of travel through the southern wilderness before he had been able to find a path that would go up the mountain.

Sunlight burned hot upon his dark back. The one-eyed wolf lifted his snout to the air to drink in the scents that were there. He could still smell the pack below. Jörmungandr was not typically a curious wolf, but his nose detected a good number of wolves within the strath. He worked his way back down the rocky mountainside to the base nearest the strath. It was there that he caught a familiar scent.

@Maiken the healer had found a settlement. Jörmungandr called to her.
Sapphique
Sapphire
327 Posts
Ooc — Twin
Maiken had stared up the mountain near them. But had yet to traverse it. More and more were coming into the pack. There was even another medic. She worried briefly that she would be replaced. But that was a worry for a different day.

Maiken moved throughtout the cool trees finding any and all shade. The sun was unforgiving to the Svartravns.

She was about to settle to the ground when an inquiring call came upon the air. She slid towards the sound small legs tearing up the ground.

A smile of greeting was on her face, and a wag in her tail.

It felt good to speak their language. ::Hello. How are you?
This is my art, and it is dangerous
1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Cameo for now from Fury! Unless interacted with ofc lol

A call came for Maiken. 
The Warchief didn't know the voice, deciding to investigate why a stranger called for one of hers.
Fury followed at a distance behind the Medic, stopping just inside the edges of the trees to listen as Maiken began speaking to a man as tall and imposing as Fury herself was. 
The Warqueen recognized the tongue the Medic spoke, and the words. 
Norwegian, one of the languages of her birth place.

Fury would remain quiet as the two conversed, watching, listening from the shelter of the trees and underbrush. 

For now. 

She wasn't concerned with being seen. It was bound to happen at some point,  especially where the Warchief was herself a towering mass, and pure white, to boot.
Fury is in peak condition
Health (100/100)
Fury claims a +6 buff in all combat dice rolls
34 Posts
Ooc — Teo
It did not take long for the dark figure of the healer woman to appear. She was bright and pleasant in her approach. A waving tail and smile adorned her figure. Jörmungandr watched her with the same impassive stare that he had given upon their first meeting. She did not strike him as one of the Svartravn clan, but she knew of their culture, and she spoke of the raven god with reverence. The differences that she showed were of no concern to the one-eyed man.

Hello, healer woman. You carry the scent of a new settlement upon your coat. Tell me of them.

As he spoke, the image of a pale white warrior woman appeared. Jörmungandr lifted his eye to her, marking the scars upon her face with a placid stare. Why had the healer woman found kinship with someone who was a pale-coat? Jörmungandr did not understand. His wine-red stare flicked back to Maiken with a slight frown on his dark lips. 

The pale warrior was disregarded for the moment. He had not called her, so he had little interest in indulging a conversation with her.
Sapphique
Sapphire
327 Posts
Ooc — Twin
The very differences that Jörmungandr saw, but did not comment on were the very reasons she bore scars on here withers and chest. She was not a proper Svartravn. She followed their god. She attempted to listen, but she wanted to heal, to help no matter the colors. And if they followed her god more power to her. Honey rather than Vinegar.

Hello. It is a warrior's clan. It is run by Warchief Fury Brunhilde. And her husband Arashi. There are others that I haven't met yet being new myself, but most are warriors strong and hardy.

Maiken swiveled one ear her own gaze going to Warchief Fury, who she offered a dip of her muzzle too. Though, her ears quickly slid back for a moment at Jörmungandr's frown.

They do not follow Svartravn or Kvitravn. As far as I can tell, they have no gods as we. I thought perhaps I would share Svart as I got to know them.

Maiken wouldn't push her god onto anyone, but she would share his name. She was not ashamed of her beliefs.

Fury allows me to practice my healing here. She has treated me well.

He probably wouldn't care about that, but for some reason she wanted this Svartravn's approval or at least frienship, it was unusual for her. Perhaps, she simply wanted something or rather someone familiar. And she wanted to break some of the prejudices not every white wolf was Kvitravn and not every black wolf Svartravn.
1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Fury met the one-eyed man's stare with her own frigid-fire gaze directly. 
These were her lands, after all, and she the Queen and Sovereign. 

Her gaze was kinder upon Maiken as the Medic looked at her briefly. 

It was upon the mention of no gods that the Warqueen stepped forward a few paces, coming into the direct light, her pale fur shining brightly. 

She would continue pretending she didn't understand them, holding an aura of dominance and protection while they conversed.
Health (100/100)
34 Posts
Ooc — Teo
A clan of warriors, so not too unlike the Svartravn clan of their home. Jörmungandr nodded his head as the healer spoke of her plans within the settlement. The dark wolf was most surprised to hear that she had settled with wolves who did not share their faith. The raven god could not have been pleased by this. Even the one-eyed man found hesitation.

Furthermore, he was not keen on the nosiness of the Brunhilde woman who appeared to inch closer to their talking space. Jörmungandr regarded her again with a cold stare. If she wished to be rude, it was best to get it out of the way. There was no need to sulk around the background while he spoke with the healer. Besides, the white woman seemed to have taken interest of some kind in their shared words. Jörmungandr wondered if she shared their language.

It did not matter to him if she wished to listen. She was unimportant in his eye – tainted by the color of her fur.

She is a pale-coat.

Jörmungandr blinked once at Maiken. He wondered what she might say to this perversion of their belief.
Sapphique
Sapphire
327 Posts
Ooc — Twin
Maiken found herself inbetween two places. And it smarted. She didn't understand why her healing was such an issue. Warriors needed healers didn't they.

Maiken had grown used to her new Warchief so she didn't take irritation with her movements, but it was clear. Her kinsman did.

::There are many white wolves here. Many, and none that I have met are Kvit. Things are different here. You have been the only Svartravn or dark coat I've seen. Other than myself.
1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Fury leveled the dark man's cold stare with an equally frigid one, if not more so.
Her tail had already been held high as a signal of her status, and she continued to hold herself of a dominant pose.

If this colorist man was smart, he would watch his words closely regardless of his spiritualism. 

She was in charge here, and he was stupid if he thought he was entitled to speaking with Maiken alone on her lands, in Fury's mind. 
Even if the Heights weren't official territory, she patrolled them. Just like she did the Morass, and the Ravine, and Hibernation Point that also neighbors her valley. 

If he was irritated with her presence, too bad, and tough shit.
Health (100/100)
34 Posts
Ooc — Teo
What Maiken said seemed like reasonable words from a soul who only wished to mend. Jörmungandr was not this type. He was staunch in their beliefs. He did not think that the Brunhilde woman should have any reign over those of dark coats. They were Svartravn.

The display of the pale woman who was leader of the neighboring territory did not move the dark man. His single eye had lifted from Maiken to fix on the pale-coat. Distaste bubbled in the back of his throat. He would not speak to that thing in his native tongue. He prayed silently that Svart would not see him converse with the impurity.

Is there something you wish to say, pale-coat? We are not in your grounds. I have called from beyond your claim to speak to the healer. Your display is nothing but a waste. The words were strongly accented. Jörmungandr drew his tongue across his whiskers. His wine red stare shifted from the pale-coat and found its way to Maiken, once more.

Jörmungandr did not understand.

This is what you want? This… pale-coat with such ego, such possessiveness. Over a Svartravn!

The dark wolf scoffed.
Sapphique
Sapphire
327 Posts
Ooc — Twin
Maiken was unsure where to go from here. She did not wish to ostracize her only tie to her family, who despite their cruelty she did love. She also did not want to renounce her god. But she simply wanted peace, peace to heal, peace to live. Not worrying that someone was going to try and kill her in her sleep, because she was different.

Maiken froze as her kinsman began to speak to her new leader unkindly. She felt her ears fall to her skull and though she wanted to tuck her tail to her haunches. She did not. After all she was a Svartravn and they did not shirk from what was in front of them.

She is not possessive of me, she is doing what she is supposed to do as a leader. As I am sure you did, with the Svartravn under your tutelage, yes? I want to heal! I tire of fighting and killing, possibly dying. I am not a large wolf. I cannot turn the tide of battle as so many of you can, so I prefer to heal. So healing, yes i want healing

She lifted her tiny paws and slammed them down, her Svartravn blood showing through. You scoff at me, you judge me. Just as you judge pale coats. I am not a pale coat, I am a Svartravn who happens to have a leader. Tell me Jormungandr. Do you dislike pale coats or Kvitravn's only, because it seems to me you dislike someone who does not deserve it. Would Svartravn wish us to condemn everyone, or simply Kvitravn?

He ears drooped, but her gaze stayed fiery. I do not wish to fight with you. You are the only Svartravn here, besides me.
1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Fury particularly felt like rubbing salt in the wound with such a brazen, moronic man.
After Maiken said her piece, the Warchieftain gave a wolfish grin to the black male as she spoke the Nordic tongue to him. 

"I claim this entire valley and its surrounding mountains. You, a stranger, call for one of my pack, and by extension, you call for me. I protect those under my authority." She rumbled while prowling up next to Maiken with an eerie calm. Her face and eyes were impassive.

In his eyes, her display was a waste.

In hers, this was part of her kingdom.

And she would make him bleed if he couldn't wrap his mind around the situation.
If, by chance, he at all thought he was the only one here who was dangerous, he would be proven wrong swiftly.

Savagely

She would stop herself with what was already said. There could've been more, but Fury, ever the tactful one, would keep her emotions under strict control. She was only doing as was necessary as a leader, like Maiken had pointed out.
Health (100/100)