Redhawk Caldera I'm more than meets the eye
Brecheliant
Family
807 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
I think this is before he disappeared. Which is only important bc.... this post XD. I can update if we want to change that

Teya seemed to like the suggestion. Bridget had noticed, in her interactions with Sorana, that the girl tended to avoid the lake with a purpose now. She didn't know what exactly had happened, but something about the water seemed to turn her off. Chasing fireflies sounded more her style and, selfishly, would give she and Teya a little less need to keep such a close eye on her.

That thought certainly came with its own measure of guilt. Then frustration. It was kind of fucked, actually, that she was keeping her mouth shut out of some kind of deference to whatever relationship they had. Teya was her friend. And she deserved better than that from Bridget too.

I'm going to be honest, okay? And then you can tell me to fuck off an never bring it up again, if you want. As your friend, I have to say it. Damn, she was nervous. She had no clue how Teya would take it, but she kept her words loose and matter-of-fact. The last thing she wanted this to be was a lecture.

I don't think he's good for you and I don't know what you see in him. And it's frustrating, watching and feeling like you don't understand that you're worth more than that. I wish you'd find someone who actually makes you happy.

They'd danced around this before, when Teya said she wanted to give Sorana a life that was normal. Bridget didn't see that as anything more than an excuse for things to stay the way they are.

Friends. She couldn't say more than that, because this wasn't about her. This was about how Teya saw herself, and how Bridget was tired of watching, over and over again, as she came out on the worse end of her relationships. She could do better than secret affairs and cold marriages. She just had to recognize that herself.
Messages In This Thread
I'm more than meets the eye - by Bridget - July 20, 2022, 11:42 AM
RE: I'm more than meets the eye - by Teya - July 20, 2022, 06:15 PM
RE: I'm more than meets the eye - by Bridget - July 20, 2022, 08:33 PM
RE: I'm more than meets the eye - by Teya - July 28, 2022, 09:55 AM
RE: I'm more than meets the eye - by Bridget - July 30, 2022, 04:35 PM
RE: I'm more than meets the eye - by Teya - August 09, 2022, 11:52 PM
RE: I'm more than meets the eye - by Bridget - August 12, 2022, 07:30 PM
RE: I'm more than meets the eye - by Teya - August 15, 2022, 12:04 PM
RE: I'm more than meets the eye - by Bridget - August 17, 2022, 09:21 AM
RE: I'm more than meets the eye - by Teya - August 17, 2022, 06:58 PM
RE: I'm more than meets the eye - by Bridget - August 19, 2022, 01:00 AM