Panther Park Cats Lair
Loner
171 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Private 

He had traveled over the Sunspire Mountains and descended into the Kintla Flatlands. Normally casual in his travels and eager to find prey,  these woods were different. While he knew prey lived here, something else did too. The trees and earth were scattered with the smells and sign of Cat. 

Climbing back up the side of the mountain to go around seemed unnecessary, though not impossible. If he stayed alert, he thought, he could pass through moving West. He set a slow and steady pace, walking through the forest. Ears twitching and eyes darting to any nearby noise.
Moontide
Trader
lord of the hunt
1,598 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Astronomer
Tracker
thank you for being patient!

Phox took a trip outside the vale today, hoping he might run into somebody he could ask on a date. Gosh, dating in his later years sure was awkward compared to the younger years. In some ways, he liked it. Phox knew now a lot more about what he wanted in a partner, but that also meant he was more picky. Back in the day, anybody with a pretty face and wide hips would have caught his eye.

Unfortunately for him, there were no ladies in sight, and instead he spotted a solid brown figure up ahead. No child-bearing hips there, he smiled to himself.

Yo! he called out, This is panther country. Okay, so Phox was also out here alone, but he was also familiar with the place. Not that assuming this other guy wasn't familiar was such a kind thing to do... but the damage had been done, so to speak.
player preferences
-speaking+ptero- -ptero- speaking
Loner
171 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Back at ya. Started a few too many threads all near the same time.

The dark three-legged male called out from afar. Not too distant, but distant enough that the trees and foliage obscured his missing leg. The presence of a dwelling cat already had Andr on high alert, and now there was this male to keep tabs on. He wasn't sure which posed a more immediate threat, despite this male's seemingly casual demeanor. "Yes. That's quite apparent," he said outright. For a hunter at least. 

Although picking a fight or pissing this male off also wasn't something Andr wanted. Him leaving would be the best-case scenario in his mind. "Thanks though," he said half-heartedly, something you might say to someone in passing as that's what he hoped this would be. He wanted to continue on, but that would mean taking his eyes off this dark male. Not an option.
Moontide
Trader
lord of the hunt
1,598 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Astronomer
Tracker
trying to get back in the groove!

Phox got the sense that the guy was on edge. The way he spoke, not to mention he looked like he was about to jump out of his own skin. Maybe the guy had misinterpreted what he meant.

I’m not the panther, he said, a goofy grin on his face. Just don’t want to see anyone get slashed, y’know? Phox had nothing against strangers, and he tended to look out for his own kind even if they weren’t buddy-buddy.
player preferences
Loner
171 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Same here. Haha. Trying to clean up and organize Andr's threads and start utilizing thread limits. Given the distant start date, I'm willing to fade out or continue. Your preference :)

The male was far from unfriendly as a goofy grin came to his face. But Andr still couldn't bring himself to let his guard down. If he really was determined to help Andr get through unscathed perhaps he could give him a shortcut out of here. Away from the panthers and also... him.

"Yes... I'm not keen on climbing back up the mountain. Do you know if there is safe passage through?" he asked.
Moontide
Trader
lord of the hunt
1,598 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Astronomer
Tracker
we can archive with your next post. maybe have another if andr winds up near moonspear at some point. <3

Sure, I know a good way out if you don't mind going a bit slower. Missing a leg an' all. In case the guy hadn't picked up on that. Phox wiggled his useless hip muscles to emphasize the point, then began to pick his way out of the panthers' territory, keen on getting out alive more than quickly.

When Phox felt like they were distinctly free of danger, he stopped, surveying behind them once more just to be sure. This looks like a good spot. I'm Phox by the way. I gotta toddle on home to Epoch to watch some kiddos. Stay safe out there!

He paused a moment longer, giving the stranger a moment to say whatever he wished before making the (slow) trek back home.
player preferences