Herbalists' Cache a couple of pretty flowers
Loner
5 Posts
Ooc — Kan
All Welcome 
a low hiss escaped pursed lips as she stumbled back in surprise.

annalee had left the youngster behind and continued on, finding herself in a small but quaint and warm forest just before midday. at least, she judged it to be midday behind the heavy cover of dove grey clouds.

she'd been rooting through the rich loam -- hard and nearly frozen at this time of the year -- at the foot of a tree. she'd already been lucky enough to find a couple of brumating toads this way to make for an easy lunch but her luck had run out.

she sat back on her haunches, lifting her paw to examine the fresh cut along her paw pad -- sliced quick and clean along an unforeseen root that had snapped and left a sharpened edge. 

it beaded and filled with ruby liquid, just beginning to trickle out of the wound. grimacing at her own carelessness, anna bent her head and went to work licking the wound clean.
Pledged
Dragonspine
862 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Midwife
Sitter
Master Tracker
Masquerade wondered if @Redd or even Avicus would’ve responded the very same way. She thought about seeking out her sister to consult, though she found herself resistant. Surely the new Wealda wouldn’t want strange women gallivanting around the rise, possibly luring away their men. The very thought set the Caru’s teeth on edge.

Instead of looking for Redd, Masque took it upon herself to sweep the nearby plain to make certain the she-wolf really had gone. There was no trace of her, though she instead found the trail of some white-tailed deer crossing the wide swatch of frozen grass. Their scent led the she-wolf almost due south. When it turned east, she stopped her idle pursuit.

She turned to lope home when the scent of blood snaked into her nose. Masquerade’s head turned sharply, eyes combing over the nearby forest. There was a wolf in there, possibly injured. Her ears fell back uncertainly, eyes narrowing in thought. With a snort, the Caru headed into the undergrowth, prowling as furtively as she could manage in the unfamiliar terrain.

Masque eventually caught sight of a figure through the trees ahead. She slunk closer. The stranger’s tongue against her paw drew the Redtail’s attention there as she tried to assess the nature of her injury.
MATURE CONTENT WARNING: Graphic violence is a common theme in this character's threads. Reader discretion is advised.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)