Lion Head Mesa A visit
Akashingo
Medjay
59 Posts
Ooc — Anonymous
All Welcome 
Backdated to like last week=] @Zharille for reference.

He's spent so much time with his wife! There is much to tell @Rashepses. Maybe he will be pleased to hear of the way his wife has budded into a beautiful round seal! The days of his children's birth nears, and the soldier has grown restless. The fellahin are parted away by the kingsguard and he awaits at the consort and pharaoh's quarters in a secrecy, stationed dutifully outside their door. They shall see his face in their exits stride.
Akashingo
Semer-wati*
242 Posts
Ooc — Anonymous
“Ka,” his voice summoned quietly in the hall as Semer-wati emerged from Pharaoh’s chambers. Toula was at rest beneath the close care of her physicians. The godlings would come any day it seemed, or Rashepses would have to prise them from her womb himself.

“What news from the lake?” He would not go far, posting alongside a wall across his medjay.
Akashingo
Medjay
59 Posts
Ooc — Anonymous
"Brother!" He greets, mighty!
"You would not believe your eyes. Why, my wife has blossomed to be a rotund bison!" What a wonderful thing! Plump and vicious, as any good mother should be. Mesen-ka would welcome such aggression! "I fear she will have my head." Medjay's teeth flash a brilliant smile to his king. No doubt, the Pharaoh had also swelled in this way.
Akashingo
Semer-wati*
242 Posts
Ooc — Anonymous
Rashepses would never dare equate his wife to cattle but it was certainly a suitable parable for the beast of a woman the medjay had taken to mate. The king sneered and pulled his man into a fierce embrace.

“Ha! A father! You have done well, Ka,” and for a moment he only beamed with pride at the kingsguard.

“In a few months' time, when your children have weaned, bring them to Akashingo. They will be named for the desert and educated here before the lake bitch can fill their head with nonsense barbarity.”
Akashingo
Medjay
59 Posts
Ooc — Anonymous
"Only thanks to you, my King! My wife search would fall in vain without your aid." Burly arms hold close the pelt of his brother. Tight squeezes to the man, and a paw to scruff up the fur on that royal head of his. They had come so far. Now, only time will tell. Mesen-ka rests a ponderous head on Rashepses' shoulder for a moment, before big large pats. "I hope her fierceness in those weeks will make great warriors in their growth. Pray for healthy children for us." He lets go to see Rashepses in the eye. "Tell me of both divine Pharaoh Toula and yourself! Am I expecting nieces and nephews, brother?"
Akashingo
Semer-wati*
242 Posts
Ooc — Anonymous
“Your sons shall be brave warriors,” the king leveled a look into Mesen-ka’s sunstroked eyes, “and all our enemies will cower before them.” But their’s was a fierceness that must be honed. 

“Akashingo has provided. Twice the desert kingdom has liberated Zharille. It is time for the lake woman to pay her debts.” Or Akashingo would settle them for her. The king gripped Ka firmly by the shoulders, expecting a verbal acknowledgment of the task to be carried out. Mesen-ka was a new husband and new father. But his fealty to the king was old and as deathless as the stars.

At long last Semer-wati would be the one to  tell his kingsguard of Akashingo’s favor. He grinned, pointed head rising high over the thick column of feathering mane. “The Gods have blessed Pharaoh with a full womb.”
Akashingo
Medjay
59 Posts
Ooc — Anonymous
Twice! His wife has wound herself in an unfortunate circumstance with his people, their kingdom. It is certainly not the most difficult thing to spin oneself in Akashingo's chokehold, but for a poor lone woman to string herself in such a thing? There are answers to this, somewhere.

Medjay bows head and submits. He knows he will begin to think too much if he does not. He is a soldier, and there is no room for it. Rashepses is a wise man. He will do well to trust him as he always has. "I understand." 

Mesen-ka rises promptly when he feels the shadow of Rashepses grow, and witnesses the falcon smile! He knows before it is said, and the lion shows his teeth in a grin! "Ahhhhh!!! Bless the gods above! My congratulations, to the both of you." His man is making it! "Is she expecting soon, my good man?! My stay will be short, I worry my wife will pop like a whale at any moment!"
Akashingo
Semer-wati*
242 Posts
Ooc — Anonymous
“They will come soon, the doctors tell me.” Though more time and nourishment was needed to breed godhead over mortality. From he and Toula’s divine blood the babes would have special graces– their mother’s beauty or their father’s endurance– a sacred alloy of their creators.

Rarely did cool composure slip from the riverking’s face but in the briefest of moments a flicker of vulnerability shone within his sharpened eyes. He looked upon Mesen-ka with the same hesitance he had shared with his brother in childhood. No one had ever planted him so firmly in his own skin as Toula before, and still in the recesses of his mind he was a man who feared a monotonous life over death.

He nodded his head for the kingsguard, lips hiking into a stiff smile. “Return to the lake. Guard your wife. But come home soon, with my nephews.”

After which, the lake could burn. The ogre children would only be leaving the desert for the banners of Mereo.
Akashingo
Medjay
59 Posts
Ooc — Anonymous
"Wonderful news, brother! It is my assumption that it is the most dreadful anticipation of a young gods life! The doctors tell me that so will mine!" There are no doctors at that lake! The guards tail rises and fans itself away. "May the other God's guide you in your journey as a father."

Rashepses needs to fear nothing. Mesen-ka will tear down valleys to uplift the goddess and god to their glory, and most of all, his brother. There is nothing they would not do for one another, and with that, the medjay swore loyalty to him when he was nothing but a newborn babe. It is like the young prince to shoo the likes of him away now. A final arm reaches over Rashepses, firm and knowing. Family knew in that way. "Soon, I will be home. In that time, I beg of you to keep my post clean!" Mesen-ka laughs. 

"We are in due for a game then." For old times sake.
Akashingo
Semer-wati*
242 Posts
Ooc — Anonymous
“A game,” his voice concurred but his mind was very much elsewhere. Perhaps, still in Pharaoh’s bedchamber at the side of his wife. He was every bit as delighted with her fecundity as she was, but it could not stopper the man who’s diversions roamed.

He was distracted enough in providing for his goddess, overseeing the ladies’ maids and mazoi as they set about the duties that now included the close care of their Majesty. Her body was the temple which housed the kingdoms’ marvels, and all came to pray at her hearth.

A steady glance, for the medjay. “Consult the physicians before your leave. There are foods which strengthen a mother’s milk and aid in the good health of cubs.”