Stavanger Bay lost in the city of angels
morning star
128 Posts
Ooc — roni
All Welcome 
tag for ref <3

Once @Valiant had turned back, Tulugak continued north alone. She had not seen Taqtara since they had parted ways at the hotsprings, and she prayed her sister was safe. Simultaneously, she prayed Araidne had found sanctuary, wherever she was, though part of her was beginning to doubt the pale man's theory.

But no matter how much she prayed, she was met with no answers. Not that Sedna would answer her anyway. 

The thought sent her spinning towards the coast and she arrived breathless where the sea met sand. There was no comfort in the way the water sucked at her paws; Tulugak could only curse loudly at the waves for life's misfortunes until her throat was hoarse and a strange, queasy feeling overcame her.
"Common" // "Inuktitut"
Brecheliant
Sciathán
767 Posts
Ooc — Me
After Dwin's conversation with Towhee, the young Blackthorn had continued to walk west and had spent the last few weeks in the lands that are not marked on the map we have known so well for many years. Thus she had also escaped the watchful eye of her narrator and only now emerged from the woods with a mischievous grin and cheeky glint in her green eyes. In time she would tell about her adventures in Terra incognita, but for now it seems that even characters need a personal space, that their creators cannot access. 

She had chosen to walk along the shores now - there were days, when heat on the mainland was almost unbearable and the wind and presence of water made it easier to traverse the lands. She enjoyed the touch of sand against her paws and how wind ruffled her fur. Unlike her first stint in the wilds, where she had struggled with being alone, now she had learned to immerse herself in solitude and gain strength from it. Often, when all thoughts had been thought out (for the lack of a better word), the girl enjoyed becoming one with her surroundings. Letting the world in and observing every detail on her way. 

She had taken a break and a well-deserved nap in hole she had dug in the ground and in the shade of a large rock. Therefore remaining obscure to the new arrival, who - in Dwin's opinion - shattered the beautiful music of the waves, wind and sea-gull cries like a panicked elephant in orchestra pit. Dwin pulled herself up from her comfy bed and peered over the rock at the intruder. "What made your life miserable to deserve such high praise?" she asked curiously, drawing closer, while keeping her posture neutral. 
morning star
128 Posts
Ooc — roni
Above her, the gulls laughed as if to mock her misfortune. Their cries registered distantly in the white noise of her head as her gaze remained transfixed on the waves as they rose and fell against her legs. 

Breathe.

A voice pulled her from her meditation, turning she saw a figure emerge from the rocks. Suddenly keenly aware of herself, she began to stutter an apology, for she must have disturbed this poor woman, but was interrupted by a flip of her stomach.

An unceremonious heave and her breakfast mixed sadly with the white-foamed waves.

"Sorry-" she began again, "Praise? What do you-" Her head was too fuzzy to read much into the others words. "It just seems everywhere I go, bad luck follows." Settling deflated on her haunches, she wondered if the stranger would gloat or listen.
"Common" // "Inuktitut"
Brecheliant
Sciathán
767 Posts
Ooc — Me
"Well... good for those then, who you have freed it from," Dwin remarked, regretting saying this almost immediately. Because the person had not got her first witticism and it was not very tactful from her to try to cheer up the other person at the expense of their troubles. Or something like that. 

"Care to tell a complete stranger, what kind of bad luck curse has afflicted you?" she asked, looking at the white wolf with deep empathy. "I won't judge you and I won't attempt to give you any unsolicited advice. I can definitely promise that. But I can lend an attentive ear. Talking in my limited experience helps," she suggested.