Cassiopeia's View understand that i’ll wait for thee, i’ll try to catch up if you move quickly
Ghost
"God is every bit as feral as that which he creates."
816 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Warrior
Ecologist
The boy avoided the natural pathway which led the long-way-around to Nocturne Summit, although it was some place he hadn't tried to climb before; instead his route kept to the lower segments, the alpine level of the endless mountain chain. He was alone, which was becoming increasingly common, but Revui was no longer afraid to be out and about like this, having become confident in his mountaineering skills (and as always, eager to test his many teeth). His tongue habitually flicked over the empty gap where one of his teeth had been knocked out, and it still throbbed on occasion from the cold. The boy thought back to his attempt to test Dirge, and as frustration began to rear its ugly head at the memory he picked up his pace.

So it was that the silver serpent wove his way through the trees, until they could no longer handle the upper reaches of the mountain's exposed ridges. These he climbed with some determination until they evened out to a series of plateaus — from here, he could see the whole valley below. He felt worn from the hiking but exhilarated, and with the winter winds blustering at his dense coat he felt like a king. There was movement below him and Revui's gaze snapped to it quickly; it wasn't a wolf in the valley, but someone on a lower ridge climbing a more dangerous route. At first he thought it was Arcturus and a startling level of fear gripped him.

He moved to intercept, blindly clamboring along until the stranger was closer — and by size alone he could estimate that he had been wrong. This wasn't his brother.
Messages In This Thread
RE: understand that i’ll wait for thee, i’ll try to catch up if you move quickly - by Revui (Ghost) - December 02, 2018, 06:59 PM