Arrow Lake clanging shields, companions tramping, bronze prows, men in bronze,
wearing my dream like a diadem in some better land.
1,195 Posts
Ooc —
Master Ranger
Tactician
Aure quelled whatever indignant protests alit on her tongue, since a friend was only trying help, and remained quiet throughout Blodreina’s tirade. She couldn’t resist halting, though, and scrunching her scarred face in a very bewildered manner. ”I was only joking, at ze... stupid apology,” the words cut themselves off into a weary sigh, and with a shake of her head, she contemplated the rest of what Reina said. Something more? What could there possibly something more than him being upset with her for leaving their children motherless? For... for...?

But, no, she did not think it was wise to let whatever this was fester; no, she didn’t want this prolonged misunderstanding between them  ( especially on her );  yes, all of this was entirely reckless, both her scuffle and now this pretend. ”This... situation does not feel small to me. Maybe it does for more practical minds — you mess up, and you make up, and you move forward. I have been trying to adapt to that mindset.” But she felt more than she thought. So, with a slump of shoulders, she resumed walking.

Because the last time this festering had happened  ( several days, at most ),  she’d been the one to seek him out. Not to apologize, not at first... it’d been her getting worried of the first kicks in her belly. I’ve loved them since I felt them, Verx’d admitted to her. And how couldn’t he?

But, enough of her. She gave a faint shake of her head and ruff, and though her expression was forlorn, she tried to smile for Blodreina, at least. ”How are things with you and Ingram, though? Ah, Imrathil?”