Bearclaw Valley Arms raised to the stars, begging them to listen.
Ghost
"God is every bit as feral as that which he creates."
816 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Warrior
Ecologist
He had thought himself to be in trouble, at least chancing an encounter with an agitated shadow; perhaps Astara was still weak, damaged by the manner of their last encounter. It was Merrick who arrived at the borders to greet him. He seemed in good spirits. There was no gnashing of teeth nor talk of banishment, not that such intricate terms would surface in Revui's mind. He certainly expected a more vivacious reception - but it seemed as though everything remained the same within Ursus. Stagnant. A lazy summer day.

He would not take it for granted. Then again, it could have been a ploy. Revui glanced at his surroundings, but there was nowhere for the shadow woman to hide, and he could see no other guardians patrolling the valley's mouth at this time. He chose to relax in the presence of his friend.

I have been in the mountains. He explains.

There is one that looms over the meadow, it is impressive. I want it as my own. The idea had been festering in his brain for a while now, and hiking among the spires of the range had helped him realize it. But I will not take it without your blessing. He would not abandon Merrick, not like he had abandoned Moonspear. He would not make that mistake again. If not that mountain than another, there are many, each impressive.

In the grander scheme of things, he spoke of wanting his home - his family. Of taking Moonspear for himself, despite the distance to the mountain and how ill-equipped he is to do so alone. Revui knows he cannot go back there; he makes due.

The woods have always been filled with these soft doe-eyed things;
with hearts beating for the arrow, the bullet, the lance.

I have always been the huntsman.  ⤑

Messages In This Thread
RE: Arms raised to the stars, begging them to listen. - by Revui (Ghost) - August 04, 2020, 01:47 PM