Sun Mote Copse the doctor tells me
Ghost
So then find Dodge, then get out of it
1,740 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Warrior
Master Guardian
She didn't notice the glaze over the neon of his eyes. All she could see, while she gazed at the water, was the iridescent hue of sapphire orbs now directed at her, which she ignored and in doing so, allowed him to look at her...Not realizing his eyes were nothing but empty portals, for his mind's eye was fixed on the flash of pain splitting the darkness in a brilliant sweep of light. She watched as the surface of the water rippled, and recalled for a moment what it had been like to see the Northern Lights in the sky. They'd moved, she recalled, like fish, swimming in water- barely visible shades of silver writhing in the darkness. It brought a faint look of contentment to her features. 

She turned an ear his way but continued to watch the water's surface, as though willing those pale lights to appear- this time, in the form of fish. He seemed relatively optimistic about fishing, though he mentioned the concerning fact that he was not of much use when it came to hunting larger prey. "Ah sure you're still young yet, though, you can't be much older than-" She said dismissively, looking over at him- only to realize that perhaps he hadn't meant that his age slowed him, but his injuries. Those wounds lacing across his skin- they must be more than just skin deep. "Oh," She said, softly. 

He explained the impact that accident had had on his life, and she frowned- but not in disappointment. Her features showed empathy and guilt, having underestimated the effect his wounds had had on his mobility. At least they shared the same sentiment about fishing, though, which made her smile softly and chuckle. "True, it's hit or miss. But one of the best things about it is that there's so much less energy spent with fishing, and if you fall asleep, then at least you get your nap in for the day," She said with an almost amicable shrug.
Messages In This Thread
the doctor tells me - by Perdition - October 01, 2020, 04:40 PM
RE: the doctor tells me - by RIP Niamh - October 01, 2020, 05:03 PM
RE: the doctor tells me - by Perdition - October 01, 2020, 05:15 PM
RE: the doctor tells me - by RIP Niamh - October 01, 2020, 05:28 PM
RE: the doctor tells me - by Perdition - October 01, 2020, 05:45 PM
RE: the doctor tells me - by RIP Niamh - October 01, 2020, 06:13 PM
RE: the doctor tells me - by Perdition - October 01, 2020, 06:38 PM
RE: the doctor tells me - by RIP Niamh - October 01, 2020, 06:59 PM
RE: the doctor tells me - by Perdition - October 01, 2020, 07:18 PM
RE: the doctor tells me - by RIP Niamh - October 01, 2020, 07:47 PM
RE: the doctor tells me - by Perdition - October 02, 2020, 03:52 PM