Phoenix Maplewood [m] i'm ready to build a wall behind every step i've taken
you're the unbreakable heart
948 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Laurel felt unsettled by the way that he let out the soft hm, but perhaps anything he did would've unsettled her at this point. Her mouth felt dry and she swallowed, her gaze averted and a nervous thrum in her chest. He seemed to find distaste in her choice of words, but Laurel paid that little mind.

He said that he wanted to be involved in their lives, and Laurel instantly felt that she did not want that. However, she was also terrified to go out there again, alone, smelling like she did; it would be safer to stay here, with Wintersbane, until it was all over. It would be safer to stay here for now, and to choose him. It wasn't like she'd ever been someone true to her word, anyway. She'd see later if she cared enough to tell them about him. She'd see later how she felt about him, after...

Ah, but dearest, just picture — No, no, no. Thankfully, Wintersbane then said again that he wanted to be involved in the lives of the children that he sired. Fine, Laurel said, a little snappy because of Iliksis' voice sneering in the back of her head. Then, a bit more patient and soft-spoken: Fine. They'll know. If you so please, right, dearest? If it's convenient enough for you, later? Another litter of children kept away from their RIGHTFUL father?! Iliksis' anger blazing in her head was frightening to her now, Wintersbane a representation of all she feared. He didn't deserve to be that, she knew that, but she couldn't help it.

It should've been Mahler, because he was the only one who really did not want it. But it wouldn't be Mahler, and there was nothing that she could change about it now. Return to Rivenwood to once more beg him? That would be an even bigger humiliation than being sent here in the first place.

Laurel took a deep breath and then said, with a tremble in her voice, I want it to be quick. It was spoken like a demand, no negotiation (even though she knew she could not make such demands, as it differed from wolf to wolf how 'quick' it ever was, not something he actively controlled), but the tremble betrayed a fragility beneath those words, spoke of her deepest fears. Don't lie, dearest, you wanted to say that you want it to be rough. You almost attacked Mahler to get what you wanted, after all.
Messages In This Thread
RE: [m] i'm ready to build a wall behind every step i've taken - by Laurel - June 29, 2021, 02:01 AM