Noctisardor Bypass geburtshilfe
you're the unbreakable heart
948 Posts
Ooc — Iris
The formality in his words made Laurel want to cringe, but she couldn't afford to let her façade crack in front of him. He couldn't know that he had any sort of effect on her in any way; she needed to show that he didn't get to her at all. He offered to watch the children, and Laurel felt mixed. She wanted to get away for some time, to have some rest, but she also didn't feel entirely safe or good leaving them with Mahler. She didn't trust him, after all; not anymore.

Nonetheless, she answered, Yes, well — thank you for the offer. Her own tone was equally nails-across-the-chalkboard-frustratingly formal, but she could not help it. She could not let her guard down around him.

Eventually Mahler was the one who spoke again, saying he wanted to fix what happened. Laurel knew from experience that you couldn't just fix what happened. All you could do was move on, and sometimes things fixed themselves. But most of the time, they never did. She frowned and looked away, showing a sliver of fragility for the first time since his appearance today. Being tired from all of Abel's crying did not help. What do you want me to say? she asked, her tone laced with frustration. You have your Wylla here now, even though Laurel did not entirely understand where she'd come from or why she'd been away or what the status between her and Mahler was; all she knew was that she meant a great deal more to Mahler than she ever could, and you've made it perfectly clear that that means there is no space for me here. And I haven't even met her, so she's made it perfectly clear, too. How am I supposed to feel welcome here? Being allowed around out of guilt or pity or whatever it is just isn't enough to live, Mahler. How am I supposed to feel — She swallowed thickly, trying to find the words. — loved or wanted in any way after what happened? How could she ever forget how he did not give her the safety that she needed at the time? It wasn't about love or romance, even, not right now (everything, of course, had been different in the light of her heat). Laurel wasn't sure she ever wanted to try that again after Xan ran out on her. But he was the only one who could've given her a safe pregnancy, and instead he had thrown her out of the borders of his pack. Now, he seemed to only keep her around because he felt too guilty to throw her out. Being unloved was bad enough, but being a pity case..? Now that was unbearable.
Messages In This Thread
geburtshilfe - by Mahler - August 26, 2021, 12:00 PM
RE: geburtshilfe - by Laurel - September 01, 2021, 02:23 AM
RE: geburtshilfe - by Mahler - September 02, 2021, 09:05 AM
RE: geburtshilfe - by Laurel - September 08, 2021, 05:41 AM
RE: geburtshilfe - by Mahler - September 08, 2021, 05:33 PM
RE: geburtshilfe - by Laurel - September 16, 2021, 09:16 AM
RE: geburtshilfe - by Mahler - September 17, 2021, 11:19 AM
RE: geburtshilfe - by Laurel - September 20, 2021, 03:01 AM
RE: geburtshilfe - by Mahler - September 25, 2021, 04:40 PM
RE: geburtshilfe - by Laurel - September 30, 2021, 07:00 AM
RE: geburtshilfe - by Mahler - October 01, 2021, 01:07 PM