Redtail Rise gauze
Loner
951 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Midwife
Sitter
Master Tracker
They grinned at those words: “niece” and “nephew.” Masque had certainly enjoyed rearing their younger siblings. It would be their pleasure to help any of their brothers or sisters raise a litter someday, whether it was sooner or later.

Mulherin was curious about them in turn. The Caru paused to reflect on the one time they’d broached this topic with anyone, at least until Ancelin had brought it up only recently. They’d only exchanged a few words with Redd on the matter, similarly limiting the depth of their attitudes with their cousin. But this was Mul; here was an opportunity to properly confide in someone.

I’m going to tell you a secret, they said, even though it wasn’t really a secret so much as something nobody ever addressed with them until recently. And it will probably seem strange, coming from me. But I have no interest whatsoever in ever bearing pups. The thought of pregnancy and delivery used to make me feel ill. It didn’t bother me so much in others and it doesn’t get to me so badly now. But I still find the whole idea, they finished with a wrinkled nose and light huff, repulsive.

Would that surprise him? Masquerade watched their brother’s face, their long tail swaying back and forth. They didn’t mention it—they knew they could tell him anything but never wanted to burden Mulherin or overshare—but if he asked about mates, they supposed they’d tell him the truth about that too: they didn’t understand the entire premise of courtship. Desire, romance, sex… it was all beyond them.
MATURE CONTENT WARNING: Graphic violence is a common theme in this character's threads. Reader discretion is advised.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
gauze - by Mulherin - September 05, 2023, 11:18 PM
RE: gauze - by Masquerade - September 06, 2023, 08:50 AM
RE: gauze - by Mulherin - September 09, 2023, 05:08 PM
RE: gauze - by Masquerade - September 11, 2023, 09:15 AM
RE: gauze - by Mulherin - September 11, 2023, 11:05 PM
RE: gauze - by Masquerade - September 12, 2023, 10:20 AM
RE: gauze - by Mulherin - September 12, 2023, 01:13 PM
RE: gauze - by Masquerade - September 12, 2023, 01:27 PM
RE: gauze - by Mulherin - September 16, 2023, 10:25 PM
RE: gauze - by Masquerade - September 17, 2023, 12:48 PM
RE: gauze - by Mulherin - September 19, 2023, 01:28 PM