Redhawk Caldera It is safe to say...
Brecheliant
Sciathán
736 Posts
Ooc — Me
Dwin did not have problem with being a babysitter. She had a problem with being expected to be that good older sister. That as such she was supposed to be excellent at her job and enjoy it as well. This had not been voluntary, she had seen it as only a one way street under the circumstances they had been in. Namely, kids outnumbering adults greatly and the rest of the previous year's litte had buggered off right before the new litters were brought into this world. Very convenient. Dwin intended to do the same at some point, before this year's bunch also decided that - hey - if Dwin did such a good job at babysitting, she won't mind doing it another year, right?

"Well, my words do not do that place justice. I am not good at telling it the way I saw it. The facts always lack the whole spectrum, in my opinion,"
she countered. She had come to a conclusion that she would not make a good story-teller after all. She did not have the memory, the talent of weaving those items together in a coherent plot and her vocabulary was equipped with practical terms, less poetic and descriptive ones. The only thing she had inherited from her aunt and grandmother was her love to talk, talk, talk and ask a lot of questions. "I suggest you go there yourself and take Glee and Callahan with you too - they were not happy that Frolic got to go, but they did not," she said, glad really that Maia and Eljay had not been over-confident in her ability to herd the bunch. One Frolic already was an equivalent of three puppies. 

"The one I met had a super-weird accent, but she seemed good-natured enough. I did not take her word for it, you know, because, what do I know - maybe they were headhunting for slaves and such," she shrugged. "Yeah, well, Sorana did not seem to enjoy much of anything, while she lived here," Dwin remarked. Her relationship with her - cousin? leader's daughter? - had been very formal, but even that was too generous to call it that way. The older girl had always seemed weird and distant, and in the end she had had a vibe about her that had given little Dwin chills and made her want to avoid her at all costs. And this says a lot, coming from a kid, who as all Blackthorn children did not fear anything. 

"Nah, that weirdo was just not right in the head, I think," Dwin replied. "I mean, if you prance around telling people that you hear voices and have prophetic dreams, it is the first sign that all is not good. I mean, the only voice you should be hearing in your head, is your own. Period," she said and stomped her forepaw to emphasize her opinion. "But, he seemed very content to be, where he was, and, if that makes him happy, then why not? Maybe he is a very lonely dude and that voice in is head is his only friend," she mused. "This reminded me - when I talked to him and he was all about, how a god had chosen to share his body and so on, I thought - what if he was the only person that the god to talk to? And no one else? That kind of makes you feel sympathy for them too. So - to sum it up - they are in a happy, harmonious union. Them against the hostile world that is filled with heretics like me," she laughed. 

"I think I will check out that wedding of theirs. Different culture, customs and - who knows - maybe I will really meet a god of theirs? That would definitely make a good story, don't you think?" she asked. 

Messages In This Thread
It is safe to say... - by Ceridwen - November 09, 2023, 04:36 PM
RE: It is safe to say... - by Maia - November 10, 2023, 05:55 PM
RE: It is safe to say... - by Ceridwen - November 11, 2023, 03:07 PM
RE: It is safe to say... - by Maia - November 13, 2023, 10:24 AM
RE: It is safe to say... - by Ceridwen - November 13, 2023, 04:11 PM
RE: It is safe to say... - by Maia - November 13, 2023, 11:47 PM
RE: It is safe to say... - by Ceridwen - November 15, 2023, 03:45 PM
RE: It is safe to say... - by Maia - November 23, 2023, 09:48 AM
RE: It is safe to say... - by Ceridwen - November 23, 2023, 02:11 PM
RE: It is safe to say... - by Maia - December 17, 2023, 01:22 AM
RE: It is safe to say... - by Ceridwen - December 20, 2023, 02:48 PM