Hushed Willows what happened to the charm of a small town?
Rivenwood
Leaf
227 Posts
Ooc — Twin
Perhaps unbeknownst to the strange girl, Dinah still had one living parent. Their stay here was merely temporary. A blip, yes, a blip in time before they could gather Simeon and reconnect and escape to — Rivenwood. Wherever that was.
Even with the tragedy that hung over her head, the chaos that had become the young Redhawk's life, she was still but a child. Freshly six months old, hardly a teenager — the equivalent of, say, a human thirteen year old. You think you know everything when you've hardly even seen a full lap around the sun. Dinah, in particular, had not yet.
Her lollop comes to a soft halt as the rustling in the brush earns a swivel of her head, eyes wide like a deer entranced by a pickup's bright incandescence. There is a girl here. Another girl. And she has things; items, prizes. Her heart churns with a pained nostalgia for a time not even so long ago.
She stuns herself, even, when speech falls from her lips, and it is not malicious in tone or intent. I like your, um, blinking softly, the beachdweller pads a few steps closer. I-I used to collect those. Seashells, I mean.
love does not delight in evil,
but rejoices with the truth.
it always protects, always trusts,
always hopes, always perseveres.
Messages In This Thread
what happened to the charm of a small town? - by Dinah - November 18, 2023, 10:59 PM
RE: what happened to the charm of a small town? - by Mae - November 19, 2023, 01:58 PM
RE: what happened to the charm of a small town? - by Dinah - November 23, 2023, 10:58 PM
RE: what happened to the charm of a small town? - by Mae - December 03, 2023, 01:27 AM
RE: what happened to the charm of a small town? - by Dinah - December 04, 2023, 01:19 PM
RE: what happened to the charm of a small town? - by Mae - December 04, 2023, 05:09 PM
RE: what happened to the charm of a small town? - by Dinah - December 05, 2023, 12:06 AM