Stavanger Bay shiver down my backbone
Brecheliant
Sciathán
736 Posts
Ooc — Me
Away
Dwin had planned and dreamt of her next big adventure away from home for almost a year. But now many days in she began to feel the pull to return. The journey was just the refreshing change she had needed and Sylvie was a good company, but the "WOW" factor that had been there the first time was lacking. Rather than enjoying the scenery, she was taking a very pragmatic view of everything she saw. In terms of, what use could it be to her pack. Instead of seeing potential friends and great acquaintances in people they met along the way, she assessed their value and use to her and Brecheliant. In the beginning she had engaged in this with zeal, now it had become something like a pesky cold you just cannot get rid off. This evening she had awoken with the horrible realization that she - Amazing Dwin with her philosphy of inner-Dwinness and so on - had become the boring adult. The transition had been so smooth that she had not even noticed it. 

The thought continued to haunt her, until she finally gave up on falling asleep again. After telling her sleepy sister that she would go out for a walk to the nearby shores, Dwin got up and left. She did not know, what to do and where to move on from this point on. All things considered her life had turned out better than probably for the most wolves. There were childhood dreams she had not yet fulfilled and never would, because they had lost their appeal and importance. There was a whole lot about adult life she did not yet know, but would have to learn. She had a home and family to return to. She had even considered asking mom to join the Raven ranks. In the summer she had wanted nothing to do with managing the pack. Now, however, she felt that, if she really want to change something in Brecheliant, she had to contribute more. Learn the job. Time from time even becoming an Auspex one day did not seem such a bad career path. 

With all of this she still felt sad. Because for all that the life had given her, she had lost some things along the way too. Often she wished to be that bouncy, over-enthusiastic teenager again. To see the world through eyes of a naive and inexperienced person. To have that excitement of a puppy, to whom every stick, pine cone and puddle was a huge discovery. That curiousity and wonder about, what secrets the world still had, was all but gone. Leaving only the serious and pragmatic Dwin, who saved her cheerful and loving side only to people she knew very well.

And... when she caught a familiar scent in the air... as it turned out, some long-time-no-see friends as well. Val! Her heart skipped a beat and her earlier moody and contemplative self was changed to a more daring and colourful attire. Pragmatism and pride scowled at the girlish giddiness that drove Dwin towards the shores full speed, nearly toppling the dark fellow over. "You!" she called, stopping few feet away from the guy and leaning into a playful bow. "Praying for the gods whisk you away another day?" she teased him.
Messages In This Thread
shiver down my backbone - by Val - January 26, 2024, 05:58 PM
RE: shiver down my backbone - by Ceridwen - January 27, 2024, 03:27 PM
RE: shiver down my backbone - by Val - February 01, 2024, 05:08 PM
RE: shiver down my backbone - by Ceridwen - February 02, 2024, 03:21 PM
RE: shiver down my backbone - by Val - February 05, 2024, 07:31 PM
RE: shiver down my backbone - by Ceridwen - February 07, 2024, 03:31 PM
RE: shiver down my backbone - by Val - February 08, 2024, 07:30 PM
RE: shiver down my backbone - by Ceridwen - February 10, 2024, 02:58 PM
RE: shiver down my backbone - by Val - February 13, 2024, 02:09 PM
RE: shiver down my backbone - by Ceridwen - March 02, 2024, 04:01 PM
RE: shiver down my backbone - by Val - March 14, 2024, 09:41 AM