Stavanger Bay shiver down my backbone
Brecheliant
Sciathán
736 Posts
Ooc — Me
Away
"So - what you are implying is, that the less we attach ourselves to people, the less likely we are going to get hurt?" Dwin asked in response. It was clear that Val had meant something entirely different, but she on her side was unknowingly listening for any arguments on, why the whole "fall in love" and "marriage" business was not worth it at all. Who can blame her, because as of now she had not had any good examples in life that she would have wanted for herself. She admired her mother's capacity and patience, when dealing with their aging father, but she knew that in her place she would not have the empathy. 

"And spoil my image of the strong and independent woman, who needs no man in her life and has not fancied any in her life? Nah, let her think that Dwin is the unstoppable force of the nature," she laughed. "Also - I am a jealous creature. You may be my ex-crush, but I would not have another person I know crush on you," she yanked his chain, laughing girlishly. "Still luring kids to the caves, huh?" she asked. "Sylvie - no, she is not. She is quite the opposite of me in every single aspect, but that's, what I appreciate in her. I have come to realize that the people, who challenge us the most are the ones that help us to improve," she told side-glanced at him briefly and then turned to look at the horizon. 

"I think that without her keeping me in check, I would turn out to be a far crappier person. She does not know that, but she is the daily reminder of, why I need her," she said. "Ever had such people in your life?"
Messages In This Thread
shiver down my backbone - by Val - January 26, 2024, 05:58 PM
RE: shiver down my backbone - by Ceridwen - January 27, 2024, 03:27 PM
RE: shiver down my backbone - by Val - February 01, 2024, 05:08 PM
RE: shiver down my backbone - by Ceridwen - February 02, 2024, 03:21 PM
RE: shiver down my backbone - by Val - February 05, 2024, 07:31 PM
RE: shiver down my backbone - by Ceridwen - February 07, 2024, 03:31 PM
RE: shiver down my backbone - by Val - February 08, 2024, 07:30 PM
RE: shiver down my backbone - by Ceridwen - February 10, 2024, 02:58 PM
RE: shiver down my backbone - by Val - February 13, 2024, 02:09 PM
RE: shiver down my backbone - by Ceridwen - March 02, 2024, 04:01 PM
RE: shiver down my backbone - by Val - March 14, 2024, 09:41 AM