Stavanger Bay shiver down my backbone
Brecheliant
Sciathán
736 Posts
Ooc — Me
Sometimes it takes very little for your whole life to change course. Unknowingly Val's question had opened floodgates of all the doubts and thoughts Dwin had had before, but always stashed away to deal with, when the time was right.

The same way it had for Dee Brecheliant had not felt like a home for a very long time now. Or rather it had stayed exactly, what it had always been, but Dwin had changed. She was good at putting duty and responsibility before her family, no matter, how often she had hated to be in this situation and feeling envious of every bastard, who had no conscience to haunt them, and therefore able to live as they pleased. 

She had thought in the beginning that it was travel and novelty she was missing. Her first attempt at a life-changing journey had been cut short due to her own young age and lack of experience. Now with days of travelling together with Sylvie, Dwin realized that the places they visited did not inspire her that much. They were great, amazing, everything, but not enough. 

Looking back at the times she had felt truly energized, it had been after meeting other people. While on her home turf she had been suspicious and unfriendly to nearly all strangers that came howling on their doorsteps, now free from the guardian duties, she actually loved to be around people. To talk to them, to challenge them and to learn. And as Val had put it so perfectly - to grow herself too. 

"I do not think I am growing at my home," she admitted to him with more honesty than she would have ever expressed to her mother for the fear of upsetting her. "I feel that they would want me to step up eventually, to lead, to have a family and bring forth children, but... I know I could do it, but... I think... I would lose myself somewhere," she mused. "You know... when I spoke about the spark being gone way back in summer? I am not that grumpy person here, out and away," she told.
Messages In This Thread
shiver down my backbone - by Val - January 26, 2024, 05:58 PM
RE: shiver down my backbone - by Ceridwen - January 27, 2024, 03:27 PM
RE: shiver down my backbone - by Val - February 01, 2024, 05:08 PM
RE: shiver down my backbone - by Ceridwen - February 02, 2024, 03:21 PM
RE: shiver down my backbone - by Val - February 05, 2024, 07:31 PM
RE: shiver down my backbone - by Ceridwen - February 07, 2024, 03:31 PM
RE: shiver down my backbone - by Val - February 08, 2024, 07:30 PM
RE: shiver down my backbone - by Ceridwen - February 10, 2024, 02:58 PM
RE: shiver down my backbone - by Val - February 13, 2024, 02:09 PM
RE: shiver down my backbone - by Ceridwen - March 02, 2024, 04:01 PM
RE: shiver down my backbone - by Val - March 14, 2024, 09:41 AM