Ocean's Breath Plateau in the distance, warriors pour from their tombs
Dragonspine
Alpha Female*
922 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Midwife
Sitter
Master Tracker
In some ways, Rodyn’s upbringing was the opposite of Masquerade’s, though she still appreciated the commiseration. He wanted something else for his own children, just like Masque wanted less and less for her offspring to be raised in an environment like Redtail Rise’s. Even now, that thought brought with it a lot of guilt, not to mention the other negative emotions that welled up in her breast.

His next words were an effective distraction. Her lips parted when he mentioned a trip of some sort in the fall, then in the very next breath invited her along. Masque blinked, wondering how he could plan for something so far in advance. Of course she didn’t want to refuse him, especially because it sounded like an alliance could bring quite a few resources their way. But she had reservations.

It sounds like a wonderful opportunity and I appreciate the offer, Rodyn, though I don’t see how I can commit to something like that in good faith. My hope is that Riley and I will be busy raising a litter of pups this fall, she spoke forthrightly, wondering if she was dooming any chance of an alliance.

Maybe it was enough just to be on peaceful but distant terms, she thought, with Riley, herself and their young left to their own devices. But Masque tried not to let her thoughts run away from her just yet. She looked to Rodyn again for his reaction.
MATURE CONTENT WARNING: Graphic violence is a common theme in this character's threads. Reader discretion is advised.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
RE: in the distance, warriors pour from their tombs - by Raider - March 24, 2024, 12:27 PM