Shadewood you wake on the floor holding a knife, a bottle and a handful of black fur
Dragonspine
Alpha Female*
923 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Midwife
Sitter
Master Tracker
It smelled exactly like blood, only there was something else to it. An ear bent in response to Riley’s gasp somewhere behind her, soon after followed by her head lifting. She glanced at him, though something else quickly snared her attention: there was another spot of blood between her hind feet!

It was starting to dawn on her just what this meant. Drawing in a sharp breath of her own, Masque planted her feet, raised her tail and twisted to sniff at her own nethers. Without a doubt, it was the source of the blood and the powerful scent strengthening in the humid spring air.

Riley seemed to realize what it meant too, judging by the way he pressed into her. The simple contact sent a flush of heat—how apropos—through Masque’s entire body. She’d always enjoyed exchanging affection with her mate but this was wildly different in ways she could scarcely comprehend.

As their bodies brushed together and Masque shoved her head underneath Riley’s with more fevered intent than ever before, she hisspered, We are not letting that bitch co—

Her lewd comment cut off abruptly when she realized something. Had that she-wolf attacked her because she’d sensed Masque’s incoming estrus? Why that should drive a total stranger to maul her, she didn’t know. But the thought earned a derisive snort and a shake of her head.

It’s going to hurt, no matter how careful we are, she continued, about to tell him she didn’t care. But then her eyes tracked over the nearby water and she murmured a contemplative, Unless…
MATURE CONTENT WARNING: Graphic violence is a common theme in this character's threads. Reader discretion is advised.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)