Ocean's Breath Plateau and string together what was broken
Morningside
Chief*
Sword of the Morning
544 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Historian
Unbeknownst to either of them, the panther had a similar reaction to the arrival of Chakliux. The sight of him squeezed a vice around his lung that popped with a joyful laugh when they met in a tight embrace. His love for the man was unchanged.

His eyes shone with pride as Chakliux greeted his family. Simbelmyne had already been lauded by the seal hunter, but Dutch thought that Sulukinak ought to be admired as well. They were both his, albeit in different ways.

"My father," he said of Aditya, not without warmth. And, "My shadow girl," he said of Sulukinak, his tone that of a man harkening back to previous conversation. His eyes fairly glowed, however, when he tacked a label onto the end of Simbelmyne's greeting: "My wife."

They moved toward the lodge once more, still digging their heavy furs. Dutch grinned back at Simbelmyne — perhaps because he was incapable of an expression other than a bright smile right then. Everything in the world was as it should be, and —

"Five!" he exclaimed, his tail already wheeling frantically. Tears welled in his eyes, though he tried to play it cool. Which, for Dutch, merely meant keeping an even tone while failing to meter his joy in any other measure. "That's wonderful," he said with feeling, entranced by the pictures his mind immediately offered up. "Can I meet them?" he asked, already wrapped around imaginary fingers. He looked back to Simbelmyne, feeling so desperately full of love he did not know what to do with it.
Messages In This Thread
and string together what was broken - by Dutch - April 01, 2024, 12:33 AM
RE: and string together what was broken - by Chakliux - April 01, 2024, 08:47 AM
RE: and string together what was broken - by Simbelmyne - April 01, 2024, 10:10 AM
RE: and string together what was broken - by Dutch - April 01, 2024, 04:11 PM
RE: and string together what was broken - by Chakliux - April 01, 2024, 05:01 PM