Redtail Rise wildcard
Dragonspine
Alpha Female*
923 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Midwife
Sitter
Master Tracker
The last thing she wanted to do right now was argue with her sister, so Masquerade did not refute her again. Instead, she reached out for yet another nuzzle, heart growing lighter with every touch they exchanged. She hadn’t even realized just how heavy it was before.

It didn’t escape her notice that Redd did not answer for herself. Masque considered pressing it, though first she paid attention to everything her sister had to share about the rise’s inhabitants. She felt a sharp pang upon hearing of New Snow’s rank, though it suited. In any event, she forgot about her hurts upon hearing the news of Mulherin, now elevated into leader of the fight.

Good for Mul, she said with quiet emphasis, and the others as well. That’s great about the Haeland and Treow. This actually meant a great deal to her, though perhaps she was flattering herself thinking she’d in any way inspired it. Carrion as a healer, she mused, realizing now was her opening to share, Ashlar would’ve taught her well. We found his remains out west and gave him a proper burial.

She said nothing further, allowing Redd an opportunity to absorb this information. Masquerade wondered if her sister might ask after her. Had she noticed her baby bump? That once again reminded her that Redd hadn’t shared any personal updates. Masque bit at her lip, nervous about pressing the Wealda too much, at least today.

I hope I can catch up with the others soon, she hoped aloud. I will call to them, let them know where to find me. Masque thought of Mul, out looking for her, and smiled almost sadly, head lowering. I’m sorry for any grief I caused anyone. I hope to make amends. I don’t want to be strangers, Masquerade repeated softly.
MATURE CONTENT WARNING: Graphic violence is a common theme in this character's threads. Reader discretion is advised.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
wildcard - by Raider - April 22, 2024, 01:11 PM
RE: wildcard - by Riley - April 22, 2024, 01:26 PM
RE: wildcard - by Redd - April 22, 2024, 05:43 PM
RE: wildcard - by Raider - April 22, 2024, 07:29 PM
RE: wildcard - by Riley - April 22, 2024, 07:35 PM
RE: wildcard - by Redd - April 22, 2024, 08:15 PM
RE: wildcard - by Raider - April 22, 2024, 08:44 PM
RE: wildcard - by Riley - April 22, 2024, 09:20 PM
RE: wildcard - by Redd - April 22, 2024, 09:39 PM
RE: wildcard - by Raider - April 22, 2024, 10:03 PM
RE: wildcard - by Riley - April 23, 2024, 07:31 AM