Ouroboros Spine old habits die screaming
Moonglow
Delta
writing letters addressed to the fire
745 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Seer
Ambassador
There was silence before Vairë spoke. Asivaq waited patiently, allowing her sister all the time she needed to decide what she wanted. When asked to stay, she nodded, let out the breath she'd been holding, and felt an immense surge of gratitude. She would not take this for granted, knowing her sister wasn't obligated to do this.

There were many different places I saw, sister, Asivaq began, remaining on the floor with her belly exposed. I saw the north—there were many mountains and snow. The wolves there were fierce, and the prey was scarce. I could not imagine living there. I did not like it. She grimaced at the thought. I do not understand their ways. I tried to, but everybody seemed impersonal, and the wolves cared for each other at arm's length. But even though she didn't understand, she still respected the lives they'd made for themselves. They were Kigipigak's people, after all. I was given challenges at the Tartok camp we stayed at, and they were all very challenging ... somehow I came out of it with all my fur still intact! She laughed! She'd never been much of a fighter, and she was still amazed that she'd completed the tasks to become Issumatar.

Then, we went south and found the most beautiful forest I have ever seen. That is where we claimed our village and where I birthed our children. It was peaceful, but many bad things happened there. I think that it's cursed. A chill ran up her spine as she recounted this. It took my son. It scared away all the right wolves and drew in ones who only looked for trouble. She thought of the pack that'd settled next door with a bad taste in her mouth. But I think my favorite moments were spent with my children when the forest was kind and time moved slowly.

Which reminded her: Isn't motherhood amazing? She had new nieces to learn about!

The sisters chatted for a bit longer before Ariadne had to head home. Saying goodbye to her sister, she made a promise to return soon.
Messages In This Thread
old habits die screaming - by Ariadne - April 27, 2024, 01:31 PM
RE: old habits die screaming - by Vairë - April 27, 2024, 01:51 PM
RE: old habits die screaming - by Ariadne - April 27, 2024, 02:02 PM
RE: old habits die screaming - by Vairë - April 27, 2024, 02:07 PM
RE: old habits die screaming - by Ariadne - April 27, 2024, 02:36 PM
RE: old habits die screaming - by Vairë - April 27, 2024, 02:49 PM
RE: old habits die screaming - by Ariadne - April 27, 2024, 03:01 PM
RE: old habits die screaming - by Vairë - April 27, 2024, 03:12 PM
RE: old habits die screaming - by Ariadne - April 27, 2024, 03:20 PM
RE: old habits die screaming - by Vairë - April 30, 2024, 02:24 PM
RE: old habits die screaming - by Ariadne - May 01, 2024, 01:40 PM