Firefly Glen Oh Lord, won't you buy me A Mercedes Benz?
Brecheliant
Sciathán
741 Posts
Ooc — Me
"Well, it wouldn't do any favours. Just emphasize, how many heroes and gods in those old tales are patriarchal shits and that women are stereotypically weak unless they have a strong guy to lean on or someone, who comes to rescue her," Dwin summed up and shrugged. "I mean - strong women scared people of old, that's, why they portray them as evil, ugly or wayward," she explained. "That's why I have chosen my aunt's mission to reclaim and redefine the name "hag"," she added. 

Ariadne's answer to a very personal question surprised Dwin somewhat, because it was very wise and down-to-Earth for a wolf her age. She could not be much older than herself and yet in her place Dwin would have bantered on about great feats and adventures and - well - all in all - making a story of, how she had gone against the tradition, but still achieved greatness. She still believed that all the great things were ahead of her. Whereas it seemed as if Ariadne had already made it to the top of her Alpine path and understood that the peak she had imagined was not the one she had actually wanted to climb. 

Dwin was tempted to ask for the girl to elaborate more on this, but - she had to remind herself - they were strangers. And it was none of her business. "That is very noble," she told instead. "Come to think of it... yeah, I would like to tell you that I want myself being remembered as someone great and awesome, but in the end... once I am dead, I won't really care about any of this. So, perhaps, it is better to take life as it is and be happy, while I am alive," she mused out loud.
Messages In This Thread
RE: Oh Lord, won't you buy me A Mercedes Benz? - by Ceridwen - May 17, 2024, 02:44 PM