Nova Peak We all wish for more.
Loner
951 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Midwife
Sitter
Master Tracker
She could really only manage a wan smile for her mate’s remarks. She loved him dearly, as she did their offspring currently crowding her body, but Masquerade was at the end of her rope. Although she was nervous about the birth itself—particularly with no other women near at hand—Masque knew she could act as her own midwife, with Riley there to pick up the slack.

I do wish my mother or my sister could be here, she found herself murmuring after a short stretch of silence.

Even New Snow would’ve been a welcome presence, even though she would lack any words of guidance. Masque let out a wistful sigh, then tried not to dwell on these matters. She was lucky she had the support system she did. And though Redd couldn’t stand by her through the delivery, it wouldn’t be long after that that she could meet her nephews and nieces.

She tried to picture not just Wealda but the others—particularly Mulherin—coming to see children in a few weeks’ time. Would their faces light up when they saw Avicus’s continuing legacy in the flesh? Would they remain as taciturn as ever? Masque snorted, lips curving fondly at the thought.
MATURE CONTENT WARNING: Graphic violence is a common theme in this character's threads. Reader discretion is advised.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
We all wish for more. - by Riley - May 15, 2024, 10:46 AM
RE: We all wish for more. - by Masquerade - May 15, 2024, 10:58 AM
RE: We all wish for more. - by Riley - May 15, 2024, 12:17 PM
RE: We all wish for more. - by Masquerade - May 15, 2024, 01:03 PM
RE: We all wish for more. - by Riley - May 24, 2024, 08:20 AM
RE: We all wish for more. - by Masquerade - May 28, 2024, 08:53 AM
RE: We all wish for more. - by Riley - June 03, 2024, 10:12 AM
RE: We all wish for more. - by Masquerade - June 03, 2024, 11:04 AM
RE: We all wish for more. - by Riley - June 07, 2024, 07:47 AM