Nova Peak a man alone
Loner
951 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Midwife
Sitter
Master Tracker
I know I’m a thread hog, so this can be a cameo if anybody else joins! :)

Raider took a deep breath. Then another. And another.

Ever since the invasion, she’d felt terribly vulnerable. It reminded her of the time she and Riley had both been injured, making them painfully aware of the precariousness of their situation. Although they had backup now, Dragonspine was still small, small enough that the Alpha pair was forced to choose between defending the den and the territory at large.

The choice was obvious, she mused as she watched Ruckus trundle toward the den’s entrance. But it didn’t make it easy. As her child moved nearer to all the dangers the outside world presented, the fur along Raider’s spine prickled uneasily.

Part of her wished to slow down time, so she could savor these early days with her brood. Another part wished to speed up time, so the pups weren’t so small and vulnerable. Then they could join their parents to guard the borders, among other things.

She exhaled, gliding smoothly to block the doorway.
MATURE CONTENT WARNING: Graphic violence is a common theme in this character's threads. Reader discretion is advised.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
a man alone - by Ruckus - June 12, 2024, 12:41 PM
RE: a man alone - by Masquerade - June 13, 2024, 10:37 AM
RE: a man alone - by Ruckus - June 18, 2024, 12:03 PM
RE: a man alone - by Riley - June 18, 2024, 02:04 PM
RE: a man alone - by Masquerade - June 18, 2024, 09:12 PM