Snowforest Taiga house of the dragon
Loner
951 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Midwife
Sitter
Master Tracker
All Welcome 
The pups had begun playing near the den’s mouth, always strictly supervised by one parent or the other. Raider watched in fascination as their eyes cleared and their ears perked. Her own often twitched at their childish vocalizations. They were more of a handful now, yet no less of a delight.

Their growth—and ability to take regurgitated meat—freed up some of her time, which the Alpha female divided between hunting and patrolling. She set out today to find some fresh meat, leaving the trio in @Riley’s care and ignoring the persistent, slight malaise that had come over her the night before.

Her search for small game took her toward the grotto, though Raider lost the trail. She slumped in the shade, feeling worse now. It was neither particularly hot nor sunny this morning, though she felt feverish. Her tongue lolled from her red muzzle in a shallow pant. She could feel a headache coming on.

She wanted to get back to the den and rest, though she hesitated. The mother feared bringing a contagion back to her family. Even if it was just some summer cold, such a thing could be dangerous for the pups. Raider stood, long tail flicking pensively, and began walking toward the small plain they shared with the rise.
MATURE CONTENT WARNING: Graphic violence is a common theme in this character's threads. Reader discretion is advised.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Messages In This Thread
house of the dragon - by Masquerade - June 18, 2024, 09:56 AM
RE: house of the dragon - by Qiao - June 18, 2024, 11:44 AM
RE: house of the dragon - by Masquerade - June 18, 2024, 11:56 AM
RE: house of the dragon - by Qiao - June 18, 2024, 12:12 PM
RE: house of the dragon - by Masquerade - June 18, 2024, 12:58 PM