Bearclaw Valley you are a brick tied to me that's dragging me down
you're the unbreakable heart
948 Posts
Ooc — Iris
A lot happened all at once. Xan arrived seemingly out of nowhere and the pain intensified momentarily. Laurel didn't respond to his dumb questions, because she just didn't have the energy to expend. She just wanted it all to go away but it seemed as if she wouldn't get any of it. It was terrifying when she heard the dumb girl say 'it's time', because Laurel wanted to be back at home and not here, surrounded by her worst enemies -- or, well, at least those that had hurt her the most -- or anything like that. When the girl then invited her into her den Laurel felt even more panicked; she wanted to be somewhere of her own, somewhere safe. The medic arrived soon after, some girl that Laurel didn't even know, and urged her in too. Indra didn't know what to do -- of course she didn't know what to do, even Laurel didn't -- and Laurel shot her a pleading look before another contraction took her and she knew it was best to take the offer, even if she did not want to. "It's okay Indra — it's gonna be okay," said Laurel tiredly and she nosed at her sister's paw before she crawled towards the den.

A snarl ripped through her throat as she turned angry eyes on Xan just before entering the den, warning him away as she crawled into the den. She knew Indra'd take care of the rest, make sure he stayed away. He had done this to her and she did not want him nearby. Not just for what he had done but also because she did not want him to see her in a vulnerable state of being. She was strong, a warrior, and the last she wanted was the man that she wanted -- that didn't want her -- to think that she was anything but the strong amazon warrior woman.

Only a brief grateful glance -- which looked more apologetic than anything else -- was offered to Xan's mate as she entered the den and lay down on the ground as per the medic's instructions. She looked unhelpfully towards the medic and the girl that had already given birth not long ago; either of them had to know what she should do now, surely. She wanted Indra nearby but the space in the den was also limited so for now, Laurel was uncomfortable but content enough to have her sister guard outside, so at least she knew no other intruders would show up.
Messages In This Thread
RE: you are a brick tied to me that's dragging me down - by Laurel - April 17, 2018, 02:11 AM