Ankyra Sound bite the lightning and tell me how it tastes
what's a little sweetheart like you
doing with a bloody nose?
576 Posts
Ooc —
Vaati easily saw through Raleska's troubled expression, and it caused the girl to look up to him in surprise. Was she that transparent, or was he simply that altruistic? The girl did not realize that her emotions were easily read by wolves more experienced than her, and she vowed she would do better to prevent herself from being so easily deciphered.

She settled into the ground with a sigh, unwilling to elaborate but equally unwillingly to displease the towering figure before her. "I.." She took in a sharp breath. "Eury- I watched my friend die." She had done a good job of preventing her emotions from curdling her expression, but her voice was tinged with the barest thread of grief. "The wolves on the cliff killed him. He was trying to rescue Rosalyn and I... I couldn't do anything! I could have --"

All command she had over her emotions suddenly burst through, as if a dam reaching its tipping point, it spilled out rough and as as full of the raw, destructive power of freshly loosed waters. "I could have stopped it! I could have if I didn't freeze, if I knew what I was doing," She was ashamed by the outburst in her voice, but it was too late -- the girl had crumbled, and the memory she had fought so hard to repress could be oppressed no longer.

Eurycrates' throat being ripped out from his fur blazed in her mind, the arc of blood glittering in the night air as clear as a brand in her mind's eye.

Overwhelmed then by emotions, none of which she wished Vaati to witness, Raleska darted abruptly away.
all of which makes me anxious,
at times unbearably so.
Messages In This Thread
bite the lightning and tell me how it tastes - by Vaati - January 18, 2019, 11:17 PM
RE: bite the lightning and tell me how it tastes - by Raleska - February 03, 2019, 02:07 PM