Arrow Lake & i wonder (not for the first time) what happened to your wings
wearing my dream like a diadem in some better land.
1,195 Posts
Ooc —
Master Ranger
Tactician
Private 
Dated to 4/8. @Vercingetorix bb ♡

The week of her delivery had left her fatigued, but Aure was restless — restless to work away the nursing weight she’d gained within the months. Vonnaruil remained in her stead to preside over belea and mure, knowing they would slumber for another hour or so. She’d return before their clamor for dinner either way. In the meantime, the silver threaded her course from the thrumming falls and to the communal lake.

Her eyes trailed to the Sunspires, looming all around her like a crux and piercing the evening-limned heavens. The more she gazed upon them, the more fidgety she felt; her wispy ruff shivering out with vigor. Several months ago, she’d conquered the rises once before — so why not again? A faint rumble stuttered in her breast, nose scrunching and making the red hurts writhe. Why not? With a frenzied little lash of her tail, she set off at a flounce; thin shoulders lurched back with an unfamiliar mettle.

Verx couldn’t have been too far, yes? — so whenever she finally sighted him, the tousled mother flounced towards him and chirruped, “Vonn has his eye on ze copii. Hike with me.” After a heartbeat, Aure trilled (in a sweet-as-could-be attempt) to sound much less demanding: Please hike with me, dragă? I must move about in some way — please?” And, really, Verx was who she wanted to spend this time with, anyways.
Messages In This Thread
& i wonder (not for the first time) what happened to your wings - by Andraste - April 03, 2019, 09:31 PM