Swiftcurrent Creek a lot of wait and see and too many maybes
you're the unbreakable heart
948 Posts
Ooc — Iris
oh Marten, my heart <3

Marten appeared not long after she had voiced her question, and judging by his words he'd heard her request to the pack's Alpha, Kavik. After he had voiced his usefulness, Laurel looked pleadingly at Kavik, hoping that he would grant their request. She knew nothing about him, but he seemed like a just and calm man from what she could tell. Yet his first words immediately reminded her that it was not to be -- I am sorry -- and the rest was just a blur of excuses to her. She vaguely heard he mentioned another pack, Elysium, and she nodded numbly.

Then when he asked her when she had last ate, and offered her food, Laurel looked up at him. Eyes were wide with fear as she looked at him, brought back to the night that the man who haunted her nightmares had offered her food. N-no, she said, suddenly uncharacteristically mumbly. Yes, she was hungry and yes, she direly needed food, but she wouldn't allow herself to be caught out like that again. I'm sorry, I have to go, Laurel said suddenly and hastily. She cast Marten one brief apologetic glance and then quickly turned and ran, her tail tucked between her legs in pure and unadultered fear. She would not stop running until she reached @Indra's safety where she could collapse into her sister's arms.
Messages In This Thread
a lot of wait and see and too many maybes - by Laurel - April 28, 2019, 02:46 PM
RE: a lot of wait and see and too many maybes - by Laurel - May 09, 2019, 06:17 AM