Stone Circle bring strife and discord with you wherever you may travel.
you're the unbreakable heart
948 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Shhhh.

A shiver ran down her spine and Laurel stood shaking like a leaf as she observed him. Please leave, Laurel whispered at him, but he only drew ever closer. The wicked smile had fallen from his face and Laurel was not sure what version of him she preferred; the one with the smile that justified things for himself, that seemed to be convinceable to show some decency and some humanity, or the version that showed it as it was. That hid nothing.

It'll be alright.

A confirmation that it wouldn't be alright. Every word that fell from his mouth had been a lie. Every word he had ever told her -- from offering her the food to the 'shhh' he had crooned or these very words now -- every word had been a lie. It would not be alright. It would never be alright.

The second he touched her muzzle Laurel flinched, and then decided that she had to fight. For herself, but first and foremost for her children. If she did nothing, then what would happen? He would return, time and time again! She might not be able to defeat him, but she would have to fight for it, damn it!

Then why was she still standing there quivering even as he bit down upon her scruff and shouted his command?

It wasn't until the physical impact of being thrown to the ground that Laurel found her tongue again. Get off me! I'll kill you! she shouted at him even as her jaw was pressed violently into the mud below. I'll never let you touch me again! Tears spilled from her eyes amidst all of the pain and rage as he forced himself upon her and she screamed -- feral screams of the physical pain he influcted with each movement, and the emotional pain of her children being there to see it, the emotional pain of being too late to have stopped it like she should have, too late to tear him asunder from the position she was in now.

Too late.

Always too god damned late.

She screamed and cursed into the dirt, but it did nothing but get her mouth filthy with sand and mud.
Messages In This Thread
RE: bring strife and discord with you wherever you may travel. - by Laurel - July 09, 2019, 10:33 AM