Stone Circle my beating heart grew still
you're the unbreakable heart
948 Posts
Ooc — Iris
All Welcome 
It had been an excruciating trip home. Laurel had at first wanted to just leave the body, for it was nothing but a shell that reminded her of her sister's death, but in the end she had brought it. She didn't want to leave it alone with Xan, either. Who knew what that freak would do to desecrate her sister's memory. Laurel's mind was a flutter of many things. Disgust for Xan, who was just like all men, who she blamed for all of this, who she wanted back in her life, but who she knew she must stay away from. He'd made himself abundantly clear when they saw each other before, when she told him how she felt. She wouldn't let him trample all over her again.

And Indra, oh, poor Indra. How would Laurel ever survive without her dearest sister? The only one who had stood by her side through all of the hardships they collectively faced? Laurel was not quite so sure how she would ever manage. She just wanted to bury her face in Indra's fur and feel alright again, but she knew she could not. All she could do was return home to the children whose faces reminded her of Indra in all the wrong ways. Laurel'd always defended her children against their aunt's guardedness, the hatred she hid behind those glimmering eyes. It wasn't their fault what their father'd done. Wasn't their fault. But now, even just thinking about them Laurel did not know how she could look them in the eye every day. Somehow, Indra's death changed everything. She'd always doted on them and loved them, but now Laurel was not so sure she could care for Charles, @Riley and @Louie in the same way anymore. Maybe Indra was right. Maybe she wasn't. But regardless, Laurel knew deep in her heart that things'd changed. That she wouldn't be a good mother any longer, if ever she was.

With a final tug Laurel brought Indra's body onto the borders and she then collapsed by her sister's side, sobbing into the cold fur. It brought her no solace at all, only more pain at the reminder that her sister's ruddy fur would soon wither and die off, but she could still not keep herself from doing it.

@Marten @Valette and whoever else wants to join
Messages In This Thread
my beating heart grew still - by Laurel - November 13, 2019, 08:13 AM
RE: my beating heart grew still - by Riley - November 13, 2019, 09:17 AM
RE: my beating heart grew still - by RIP Valette - November 17, 2019, 04:31 AM
RE: my beating heart grew still - by Greyback - November 17, 2019, 03:59 PM
RE: my beating heart grew still - by Laurel - November 19, 2019, 07:23 AM
RE: my beating heart grew still - by Riley - November 22, 2019, 03:05 PM
RE: my beating heart grew still - by RIP Valette - November 26, 2019, 04:43 PM
RE: my beating heart grew still - by Greyback - November 29, 2019, 11:18 AM
RE: my beating heart grew still - by Laurel - December 01, 2019, 04:15 AM
RE: my beating heart grew still - by Riley - December 02, 2019, 01:08 PM