Stone Circle my beating heart grew still
you're the unbreakable heart
948 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Laurel followed with a blank expression on her face towards the stones, not sure what she should feel or think. It was hard to do either at that moment, so taken by the grief was she. She was just moving on automatic pilot as it were, not by her own device or wishes or control.

When they reached the stone circle, Valette announced that she should have her own stone. Laurel glanced at the stones, lifeless clumps of rock that meant nothing to her, filled with an energy that she seemingly was the only one who could not sense it. She nodded numbly as Valette said that she should be the sister stone. Laurel couldn't think of any better name. Yes, she said in response while she blinked away a few tears, unwilling to show her weakness in front of her leaders. Thank you for everything. The words came out blank and void of emotion, for the only way to not crumple entirely right then and there was for Laurel to turn it all off and shield herself from it all, the good included.

She just stood and stared at the stone for what felt like the longest time, not realising that she should dig too until Greyback was already well on his way. Only then did she force herself towards the shallow grave and helped dig, mindlessly, her head swirling with all sorts of emotions, but unable to fully comprehend them or process them in any way. Then when the digging was done they moved the body into the grave and Laurel cast one look at the shell of her sister, feeling empty inside.

we can fade it here, unless you guys wanna post more :)
Messages In This Thread
my beating heart grew still - by Laurel - November 13, 2019, 08:13 AM
RE: my beating heart grew still - by Riley - November 13, 2019, 09:17 AM
RE: my beating heart grew still - by RIP Valette - November 17, 2019, 04:31 AM
RE: my beating heart grew still - by Greyback - November 17, 2019, 03:59 PM
RE: my beating heart grew still - by Laurel - November 19, 2019, 07:23 AM
RE: my beating heart grew still - by Riley - November 22, 2019, 03:05 PM
RE: my beating heart grew still - by RIP Valette - November 26, 2019, 04:43 PM
RE: my beating heart grew still - by Greyback - November 29, 2019, 11:18 AM
RE: my beating heart grew still - by Laurel - December 01, 2019, 04:15 AM
RE: my beating heart grew still - by Riley - December 02, 2019, 01:08 PM
RE: my beating heart grew still - by RIP Valette - December 02, 2019, 03:57 PM