Phoenix Maplewood there is a girl in the lobby of a cheap hotel
204 Posts
Ooc — jem
the first hitched sob, the first jerk of those familiar shoulders seemed to loosen something in the tight grasp of polaris' own chest as a quiet whimper trilled forth, wet cheeks burying fast into the scent of lainie. she let it embrace her, let it croon and whisper sweet memories of blissful safety; the humming gurgle of the creek, little insects buzzing and birds singing sweet symphonies, papa's merry laugh as one of them did something rather foolish- oh, papa. did she know? she lingered rather close to the borders he'd passed on within and she knew they'd been aware of each other's presence. oh how she selfishly hoped her sister had already gained access to such terrible knowledge for she feared herself unable to deliver such bladed words. her train of thought is derailed by the trembled uttering of the nickname only lainie ever called her, heart lurching with terrible force as fresh tears welled up within glossy eyes. 

it grew in intensity until the two sisters were left to silently weep within their crushing embrace, so terrified to let go lest the world come knocking for another tonrar soul to quench its insatiable hunger. she is not quite sure how long passes by, time unmoved by the emotional mess tangled before it as it prowled languidly forth..always ticking away with each beat of their fragile hearts. she finally manages to choke a hoarse response, pulling back just enough to gaze upon the familiar gleam of her sibling's emerald kissed gaze. so similar to that of their father's that she almost let lids fall protectively shut once more, but no it is with fierce intensity that she presses her lustrous look to lainie as she whispered "for so, so long i thought you were all dead, that the mountain had stolen everyone from me. it wasn't until i joined easthollow, apparently mere days after you'd left that i found out from valette that you and...no she couldn't, just could not bring herself to voice and recall the unabashed hope to have blossomed in her soul upon hearing that both lainie and papa were alive, only for her father to be stolen from her again before she could even have looked upon his face once more. he might as well have died in those mountains, in fact it would possibly have been easier than the guilt she now carried upon slender shoulders. 

clutching desperately to what obstinacy remained, she'd push through the breath taking pain to continue "..that you were alive. i left at once to find everyone but only had time to meet zephyr again before returning..oh lainie i've missed you more than words could ever express! i love you so much tooshe despises how such a reunion must be tainted by such bitterly engraved melancholy, had this been only weeks prior she would be rejoicing that her whole family was in fact alive as zephyr had informed her but now...the very shadows seemed to sneer and snigger at their situation. for they stood inflicted with fresh wounds that ran terribly deep and no joy at finding each other again could truly remedy what lay broken within. she trembled against the familar figure of her sister despite the warm touch of the midday air.
"common" | "french"
[Image: ezgif-com-resize-7.gif]
Messages In This Thread
RE: there is a girl in the lobby of a cheap hotel - by RIP Polaris - June 16, 2020, 05:51 PM