Fox's Glade she is collecting pieces of the broken hearts
204 Posts
Ooc — jem
his body lays itself upon the cushioned floor and she finds her gaze inadvertently tugged to the stirring of large paws, idle blink as they kneaded restlessly upon the pliable bank. a familiar motion considering polaris' own difficulty to remain sated in stillness for long, or the tendency she carried to use movement to alleviate stress. but before she can dwell much on such a small tick and what it may contribute to her budding suspicions that fed an ever growing trickle of concern for the affable man, he spoke and snatched her focus back to the foreign concept on which his pack was built upon. head tilts again in that quick bird like movement, tail fluttering where it lay amongst curling blades as she ran these terms over her mind; empress, queen? utterly alien to the girl and yet, they sounded so...."powerfulshe breathes, the word deserved to be held only by those of blazing potent, she had a thrilling suspicion that it took a lot to live up to such a title and it sparked a hunger within to meet those that considered themselves moxie enough to brand themselves so. 

it took a moment to stir enough from the grasp of her reverie to realise that her blurt had led to an abruptly dead end and she'd grin a little bashfully before adding with haste "sorry! those titles i mean, they sound pretty powerful but no, i've never ever heard of them before. i like them though....do you know if they mean anything?how utterly enthralling though, a kingdom led by an empress and her queen, what beautiful names! it all seemed rather eternal, as if she were uncovering something ancient and revered. a curious glance at his contradictory reponse as she shifts her position, eager to hear where such a statement would take them next. lips are tugged down in the place of a thoughtful frown, vigilant press to her look deepened as it narrows. polaris tended to be quick to announce her opinions before pondering too hard on them, and so her jaw had already loosened in preparation to launch her return to that query when he swooped in first with a finishing statement. was? this got stranger by the second and he appeared...well if she was honest he seemed conflicted more than anything. studying him for a few moments of stirring silence; she'd finally muse mildly "i disagree, being a leader doesn't just mean wielding the power it...it means you have the responsibility of caring for those you offer your home to. it is completely your place to speak on it, adapting your ways to keep those you lead content is what makes a good leader. leaders still need to learn too, and how will they ever do that if their wolves feel they shouldn't speak up? in my opinion, a strong leader is one who does what they must to look out for those that trust in their guidance, it can take great bravery to change your ways for the greater good"

her voice would trill with vehemence by the end of her spiel, chest rising and falling swiftly with the buzz of it. yet she'd find herself glancing sheepishly at pale paws in the aftermath, ears tilting back; had that all been just a bit too gung ho? licking at her lips, she'd rub a paw back and forth along the dampened earth whilst mumbling "sorry, i hope i didn't overstep there. i don't know your leader of course and that obviously wasn't directly aimed at her i just feel...well you always deserve a say you know?a look of kissed lustre would lift back to rest upon his reclined figure, oh what could it be that chewed at him so? like an irksome tick settled just out of reach, helpless to do anything but writhe under whilst it stubbornly festered. 

ardent smile graces her features once more, invigorated nod expressing her agreement as she lilts "we're led by the matriarch valette and her mate, the patriarch greyback. they are quite amazing, so kind and yet...so strong too, valette is like family to me alreadyshe shrugs it off like its nothing but the gleam to the look that blinks off in the distance of the hollow betrays her bliss in itself. a few moments pass in which she allows the hum of of the whimsical breeze tickling the nearby trees and the reassuring babble of the stream to twirl at the fringes of veleveteen ears before inhaling deeply and shifting focus back to her company. there was no harm in asking right? he didn't have to answer if he didn't wish to after all.

"can i ask you something? you don't have to answer if i'm prying into something i shouldn't or perhaps i'm wrong altogether but are you...are you alright? you seem uhokay this was way harder to word appropriately than she'd figured, she really ought to get better at just keeping her mouth shut. "i guess you just seem like something's bothering you and sometimes it's easier to share that with a stranger than someone you know so if you'd like to talk about anything, please feel free toa hopeless shrug then, ears pressed to her head as she blinked off; utterly flushed. talk about making a shamble of things but, after everything with papa, hadn't it been strangers she'd wished to surround herself with in the early days? the idea of facing those she knew too difficult to bear, she hated feeling helpless in any situation and so if she was correct about his melancholy and if lending an ear could help then she'd want nothing more.
"common" | "french"
[Image: ezgif-com-resize-7.gif]
Messages In This Thread
RE: she is collecting pieces of the broken hearts - by RIP Polaris - July 08, 2020, 06:01 PM